Chapter Thirty-Five

On Monday, 18th of March, 2024, Henry Charles James Richard Smith was brought home. Of course his home was Kensington Palace so it wasn't too shabby of a place. His birth had yet to be announced, which the couple was thankful for. The past few days for them had been eventful, to say the least. The last thing they needed was paparazzi after them and their newborn son for stupid pictures.

Nanny and Tony waited with Freddie, after William had retired to his own apartment for a few hours before heading back over to meet his nephew. When Lucy came in, holding the baby, Freddie immediately ran over and tried to see. Harry picked up his son and went into the living room. Lucy sat down with Henry in his arms, and Harry released Freddie so that he could see. Freddie looked at his younger brother, trying to see all the fuss was about. When Freddie did see that it was his younger brother, he didn't care that much. He slid down from the couch and went to find some toys.

Nanny and Tony excused themselves until later, so that the family might have some time together.

Harry played on the floor with Freddie. Lucy sat on the couch and breastfed Henry. The new played on as she watched it.

"Two nights ago, an intruder was arrested at Kensington Palace who had a knife. We learned more information about him today...."

Lucy zoned out, looking down at her newborn son. Names were powerful, and if she didn't know the male's name, he didn't have power over her. She wasn't going to be scared to fall asleep tonight in her own bed, in her own room, in her own house. She wasn't going to scared for Freddie and Henry, her sons. She wasn't going to be scared of what lied outside.

"As you know," the news anchor said, "the intruder held the Prince and Princess of Wales at knife point for ten minutes before the police were able to get into the room. Everyone is well.

"As we learned recently, from a tweet, from Kensington Palace," continued the news anchor, "the Prince and Princess of Wales, Harry and Lucille, gave birth to a second son this morning. His name is announced of Henry Charles James Richard Smith, born 17th of March, 2024 at 20:24. No word yet on whether or not he'll be called Harry like this father. Like his brother, Frederick, Henry is a big baby too." The news anchor went on with the birth announcement with the length and weight of the baby, and yes, it was another big baby.

Lucy held Henry for a little bit longer after he was done eating. He fell asleep quickly in her arms. Harry took Henry out of her arms as Lucy quickly went upstairs to freshen up. Soon William, Catherine and their children would've been here to meet the newborn. Lucy threw her hair up into a ponytail and put on a little makeup. Thankfully, no photos would've been taken today. Coming back downstairs, Harry had taken Henry for a changing while Lucy watched Freddie play.

When William's family did show up, gifts were brought for the baby. And Catherine was kind enough to tell Lucy that the baby shower had been cancelled because the baby was already here. Plus, two children were a lot more difficult so there wouldn't have been a lot of time. Lucy didn't want to point out that there were these people called nannies and the royal family had an abundance of them; Lucy was happy enough to get out of a baby shower.

William and Catherine's children watched Henry happily, as the baby slept nicely. It was oddly nice. Henry wasn't much like Freddie, where Freddie liked to stay up as much as he could; Henry just wanted sleep. Soon enough, William's children got bored of the sleeping baby and moved to play a little with Freddie.

"He's adorable," Catherine cooed. "He looks a lot like you, Lucy."

"He has Harry's eyes," Lucy said. "Henry also has more parts of Harry like the cheekbones and chin, but he's got my hair and face."

Harry smiled because it unlikely that Henry would've been a ginger.

Soon enough, Charles and Camilla came by to meet their new grandson. Camilla doted over the baby while Charles gave Harry a congratulatory slap on the back. Lucy held onto Freddie, who had crawled into her arms. Apparently he didn't feel like enough attention had been on him today, which was now going to be true for a while until the new baby smell and shine wore off of Henry.

As soon as people got there, they exited. With the eventful past couple days, everyone felt that Lucy and Harry's family needed some sleep. However, there was a newborn in the house so sleep was a relative term. For the next six weeks at least, Harry and Lucy would've switched in and out every couple hours to take care of their infant. Then Freddie was added on top of that, who would've been woken up by the loud calls of his younger brother. Sleep wasn't happening anytime soon for anyone. It was a known fact of life.

Once Freddie had been settled into his bed and Henry was at least asleep for ten minutes, the couple retired to their own bedroom. Everything had been cleaned up, like the full maid service came through. Their bed had been made. Their room had been checked. Kensington Palace was as safe as ever, even though someone managed to get in.

"Best birthday present ever," Harry whispered in Lucy's ear, circling his arms around her, "even if it was a little late."

"Actually, he was early." Lucy turned to him. "Don't be expecting another birthday present like this. This one counts for your fortieth too."

He smiled. "But more, right?"

"Oh, my God." Lucy pushed out of his arms and climbed into bed. "Harry, I think we need to take a break and get out of London."

"Hmm?" Harry climbed into bed with her. "You mean, you're finally caving in and saying we need to go to the countryside? You've always said it was too boring."

"It is boring, as fuck." Lucy rolled over to face him. "But we need to do it. Our sons need the fresh air. I need the fresh air. We just need to get away from all of this right now."

"Is it because of what happened a few nights ago?" he asked slowly.

"Yes and no. But we should get out, and you were always talking about that, how it is to be free. We take them to the countryside and we're free. There won't be paparazzi or people breaking into our house. We'll be happy. It'll be calm."