Chapter Thirty-Four

Lucy spent as much time with Freddie as she could, until she ended up needing to go the hospital. During this time, she and Harry answered all questions posed to them by the police and security. Siobhan showed up quickly, but Tony had made it there first, then Harry's bodyguards. Lucy more had to keep the talking to the minimum until the royal physician showed up to check out all members of the family within the apartment. William showed up quickly and spoke with Harry. The royal physician pointed out that Lucy needed to go hospital sooner rather than later, just because of the stress she was under. Lucy knew if she went to the hospital, Freddie couldn't come with her.

At the hospital, Harry and Lucy were together. There was a problem that the midwife addressed quickly, Lucy's blood pressure was high due to the stress she had just been under. If the blood pressure didn't come down soon, they would've had to do a cesarean. She nodded and the midwife left.

"Be calm, Luce, be calm," Harry said.

Lucy breathed deeply. "Don't let them cut me open. I've had enough surgeries for my life."

Harry nodded.

"How's Freddie?" she asked, taking deep breaths.

"He's good. He's with Wills. Nanny is there and so are bodyguards. There is a bunch of security there. The police are still there. He's fine. Freddie is fine."

"Call Wills again," Lucy said.

"I called him twenty minutes ago. Freddie has been fine since." Harry held Lucy's hands as another contraction hit her. "He's fine, Luce. We have some bigger things to deal with right now. There's a baby coming out of you. Our other baby is coming into the world, Luce. We need to be a little more focused on that, okay?" He kissed her head. "I need you to be calm, Luce, or they're going to cut you open."

She grunted. "That's what I want to hear."

Harry scoffed. "The truth, Luce. We promised the truth to each other."

"The truth," she repeated. Her eyes went down. Her body rocked back and forth. Lucy breathed through the contraction, and it slowly went away. They were closer to holding their new baby.

"Luce, question."

"Yes." Lucy walked around the room again.

"How did the police know we were in trouble?" Harry sat on the bed.

She smiled. "I took a tumble, onto my hands and knees."

"You hit the panic button?" Harry asked. "You fell on purpose."

"No child was hurt in the making of a fake fall."

His eyes gleamed with pride. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"Always have, always will."

Laughing, Harry hopped off the bed and walked around the room too. "You talked him down, the guy with the knife."

"Yet, I almost got murdered."

"I wouldn't have let that happen."

"I know, Harry." She sighed. "Do they know how he got in?"

"Police are searching all his things now, his flat and his car. We'll know soon," Harry promised. "They're probably telling William now, if they know anything, and they'll tell us later. You know, because we're kind of busy."

"Just kind of?" Lucy smiled. "You did pretty well yourself, Prince Charming, trying to protect me and all."

Harry laughed. "I bet that since I have been stabbed once, being stabbed a second time wouldn't hurt as much."

"I don't think that's true."

"What experience tells you otherwise?" Harry asked.

"Because this is the second child that is working its way out of my body, and it hurts as much as the first," Lucy breathed. Her hands fell against the bed. "Here comes another contraction."

Harry rubbed his wife's back. "Breathe, Luce, breathe. Deep breaths. Remember, the baby is all healthy. The baby will be fine. Breathe, Luce, breathe."

"Call Wills again, Harry, please," Lucy begged. "I need to know that Freddie is okay before the next one comes. Please, Harry."

"After this contraction," Harry agreed.

When the contraction ended, Harry made the call to William. The video call allowed Lucy to see her son as he played with his cousins. He was tired but hanging on, even though he couldn't walk straight. Freddie was about to go down for a nap, though his excitement was there when he remembered his sibling was coming today. William gave the best of the luck to the couple as the midwife returned. Lucy was cleared for a natural birth.

When the pain hit and it felt like her body was being ripped apart, Lucy didn't remember why she did this again. She didn't remember why she went through this pain. Lucy had been shot before. Lucy had been beaten before. Lucy had almost been blown up before. Yet, there was another baby coming out of her body. Freddie was getting another sibling; Harry was getting another kid.

Lucy screamed and pushed. She screamed and pushed. She screamed and pushed. Biting down on her bottom lip, Lucy pushed for a final time. Relief flooded through her. Cries filled the room, first from the baby and then from Harry. Happiness flooded through him. Lucy was able to keep her tears inside for a few seconds, and then the tears spilled out. Tiredness claimed her body, along with happiness.

"Baby boy!" said the midwife, holding out another big baby. "Would you like to cut the cord?"

Harry nodded and did so.

Immediately the baby was taken by nurses to be checked out since he was early. Harry went with as Lucy watched from the bed. Soon, the baby was given to her after the placenta came out of her body. Lucy held her new baby boy. Harry sat next to her on the bed.

"Hi, buddy. Hi." A grin bloomed from ear to ear on Lucy's face. "How are you? You good? Yeah, kiddo, yeah." The baby boy slept in her arms. "Aren't you beautiful, kiddo?" She turned her gaze to her husband only for a second. "He's beautiful."

"He is," Harry agreed. "Like Freddie is and like you are." He kissed Lucy on the head. "I think he looks more like you then me. Perhaps he won't be a ginger."

"Are you tell me he won't be a Weasley?"

"Finally, a kid who won't get made fun of because he's a ginger."

The midwife looked over at them. "Baby boy born March seventeenth, twenty twenty-four at twenty: twenty-four." She smiled. "Quite the coincidence. A name for him?"

Harry answered, after changing his mind a while ago, "Henry Charles James Richard Smith."