Chapter Four

I wake up in this Tuesday morning feeling nervous. I really hope the school isn't doing anything too irrational.

I finish my morning routine and mom drops me off. I enter the school and I see Daniel and I quickly go to him. I grab his arm with a nervous look.

"He doesn't like the rebel." He looks around and we walk somewhere private.

"What do you mean?"

"I asked him yesterday what he thinks of the rebel. And he said that he's a trouble making hacking thief. All I said was 'oh' because I could argue with him all night but I didn't want to cause suspicion. I'm not a thief! And technically we are trouble making and hacking for a reason! Not for selfishness." I breathed hard.

"Shawn okay calm down. It's okay. Look nothing is happening we can rebel to. Eventually he'll see that he, or you for instance, is not so bad. And stop worrying. Because when you do, it increases the chances of getting caught."

"You're right. Thanks Danny."

"You're welcome. Lets go to cla-."

"ATTENION ALL. I DON'T REGRET TO INFORM YOU BUT THERE WILL BE NO PROM. NO DANCE. NO MORE AFTER SCHOOL GAMES. ALSO NO PHONES OUT IN THIS SCHOOL. AND... NO MORE REBEL. YOU HAVE THREE MINUTES TO GET TO CLASS OR YOU WILL BE EXPELLED."
I look at Danny.

"Well, he's trying to lure us out. So I guess we just have to level up our work."

-

I walk quickly to class and I see Cameron. And he's kissing a girl near his locker. Well shit. Can't really be upset about it can I?

"Woah Shawn!" He says jumping back.

"Woah there tiger. Don't want to ruin your fun." I say laughing. Instead it banging my head on the lockers. He has a sad look. "Come on we don't want to be expelled." He nods.

We get to class with a minute to spare. Wow what am I going to do? This isnt simple hacking. Now we really need the code for the new surveillance system. I turn to Cameron and he looks angry. Then I realize, he plays for the school's soccer team. And with that morning announcement it means he no longer can play.

"Cameron are you okay?" I ask him.

"That stupid rebel he is ruining everything." He says irritatingly.

"Maybe he'll fix th-"

"How? Kidnapping the principal? Force him to what he says? Photoshop a picture with him and another woman and threaten to send it to his family?" He said sarcastically. I look away. I would NEVER in my life do that.

He looks at me with a guilty look, "Hey sorry I didn't mean to rude at you. That's the last thing I want to do. I'm just a little mad." He pats my back and smiles.

Class starts and everyone sits on their seats.

"So class, I will pass out this twenty page packet and I want it done by Friday. If you complain or don't finish it, it's a write up." The teachers are pounding us with work again. And I have an idea. But for now I have to finish this packet.

Class ends and I run off to find Daniel. Eventually I find him and he knows.

"A packet. With fifteen pages to do. For my programming class?!" He says irritated.

"Twenty for English." I say showing the packet.

"Any ideas?"

"First of all, we need that surveillance code. Without the control of the cameras I can't do anything. Unless you can somehow wirelessly hack the printer? To stop it from making assignments?" I say half jokingly.