Chapter Twenty-Four

One month later
Graduation Day 11:35 a.m.

"Mom, I'm ready." I say putting on my cap.

"Aww my baby." Click. She took a photo and comes over to hug me. And dad too.

"My sweet boy is growing too fast." Dad says.

"You guys are crazy." Then Aaliyah joins in.

"Mr. Tiny says stop growing." She says holding her stuffed elephant. I laugh and we separate.

"It's okay. I'll stop someday. Maybe when I'm dad's age." He looks at me and mom laughs. "Kidding dad." He grins but tried to compare his height to mom.

"Well come on. We dont want to be late." Mom says. "Manuel stop you're not short... Yet." I laugh and we head out.

-

We arrive at the school and I see Cameron and Daniel and we get together excitedly.

"I can't believe we are all graduating." Daniel says.

"Yeah I know. And after today I will be calling the record company."

"I know Shawn. I'm so happy for you I can't believe your dreams are coming true."

"Thanks Danny."

I grab Cameron's hand and we walk to the stage and go to our spots. I had to obviously let go of Cameron's hand and head to where I need to be.

After a couple minutes the principal begins to make a beginning speech and then call off names.

"...Cameron Dallas... Shawn Mendes... Daniel O'Brien..." And she calls off more names. After she finishes she makes a ending speech about how we will change the future and stuff like that. And we get a applause.

We got our diplomas, had pictures taken, and went back to our parents. And you probably already know, Cameron took a polaroid shot. Then our parents started to converse.

-

We got home and I go up to my room to give the record company a call.

"Hello Island records company, Amanda speaking."

"Yes I'm Shawn Mendes."

"Oh dear! It's an honor to have you finally call us. Let me transfer you to the big guy."

"Thank you." I say laughing.

"... Mr. Mendes! I'm so happy you called. Have you made your decision?"

"Yes I have. And I want to be a part of your label. I want to have a good experience."

"Excellent! And here, good experiences is what it's all about. No matter what."

"Good! But just one question."

"And that is?"

"How do I begin?" I say laughing. He laughs through the line.

"Well you have an excellent fan base and views so we can begin, say next week? I can mail your plane tickets here to New York City and we can have someone escort you here to the company. And have a nice hotel for you to stay. You can bring people if you like. But you have to inform me." I became extremely excited.

"Okay that will work! Next week! My P.O. Box Address is (########) and I'll inform you about the guests."

"Okay thank you very much Mr. Mendes! I'll be seeing you."

"Alright bye." I say happily.

"See ya!"

I hang up and jump up and down. I'll be performing in front of thousands of people soon. And be with other celebrities and be in tv appearances.

I go downstairs and my parents say they would love to come but they have to stay for business reasons and for Aaliyah.

I asked Daniel but he's planing to intern at a business company. Which I congratulated him for. So I guess it's only Cameron. I wonder if he got the modeling job.

I drove to his house and his sister opens the door.

"My favorite brother in law. Come in!"

"Thanks." I say blushing.

"Cameron's upstairs." I smiled and went upstairs. I open his door slowly.

"Okay bye bye."

He turns around and he smiles.

"I got it." I go over and hug him.

"Me too!"

"That's really good! I'm going next week." He says.

"Me too! Next week on a plane."

"Ah this is amazing. And we'll be travelling! Traveling to Los Angeles!" And I immediately dropped my smile.

"I'm going to New York." And his smile fell too.

Realization hits me. I guess I was so excited about the record label I thought Cameron will be with me. That we'll always be together. But now that I realized we will be going separate ways.

"O-oh. New York huh?" He sits on the bed and sighs.

"Yeah. But I would be traveling for you know, concerts and t.v. appearances soon. I could meet you in L.A. anyways." He tried to smile but he instead he starts to cry. "Cameron." I say about to tear up.

"No no it's okay." He tries to regain himself. "We better make this week a best one." He smiled and I hugged him tight.

"Okay." We let go and just laughed it out. "So L.A. huh? Where the big shots go."

"Yeah. And New York. That must be amazing!" I nod.

"Yeah, but lets go out today." We smile and head out for the day.

Hey guys! I'm making another Shameron story! I don't know if you guys want me to finish this story first then publish the new one. Or just publish the first part of the new story anyways.
But anyways thanks for reading!