Chapter Thirteen

I wake up some where in a roo- Cameron's room?! I immediately tried to get up but I feel too much pain. I see that my arm is bandaged up and so is my face. And some pain relievers next to me with a water bottle. Then he comes in and sees me awake and I immediately see tears in his eyes.

"You're awake." He says trying not to choke on his words. And honestly it breaks my heart too because now that I thought of it, I toyed with his emotions a bit. I'm a really bad person.

I remained silent as tears fall from my face as well.

"Are you going to report me?" I say calmly. "Because if you are..." I try to get off of his bed with these sharp pains but he stops me.

"You're hurt. Don't move." He says panicking.

"Yeah I wonder why?" I say sarcastically. "Luckily I'm not dead yet." I am a little angry that is how he tried to catch me, the rebel. "What time is it?"

"Almost three." I looked at him wide eyed.

"Crap then I gotta get home."

"No! I can -" I winced in pain as he grabs my arm. "Oh god I'm sorry."

I sigh and shook my head.

"It's ironic how we are against each other behind the masks and then on the outside we are friends."

We stayed quiet. None of us said anything else. I took a couple of pain relievers and layed on his bed for another thirty minutes. It's funny that it turned out like this. I would have never thought a situation like this would happen. I thought maybe he'll find out when he finds a bandanna that I might've forgotten to put away or if he saw the bike I used to escape in the garage. But never this.

He's still on the bed with his head down, but then turns to look at me.

"Shawn?" He says sitting next to me.

"Hm?"

"We're still friends right?" Also what I didn't expect is that he still cares about me.

"Do you want us to be?" He nods. "Why?" I asked in disbelief.

"Because no matter what I still care about you and... I have feelings for you. Strong feelings that I had with with no one else. Feelings that hurts me everytime you say you can't hang out then lifts my spirits when you say you can. Something about you just makes me so happy when I'm around you and I don't feel empty. I knew you're the one I want to be with when I first noticed you. But I was too shy to talk to you because I was afraid of rejection from you. And today it literally hurted me so much. Because I hurt the person I never ever wanted to hurt... I love you Shawn. I love you so damn much and I'm sorry!" Tears flow from his eyes as it drips off his chin. And he sobs a little.

"Then we can't be friends." I say about to tear up. He looks up with such a hurt face.

"Shawn I-" So I kissed him with full on passion.

He gets gently on top of me and we continued to kiss. A wave of comfort, happiness, and love flow in my veins. I break the kiss and rubbed his lip with my thumb.

"Because I love you too." He smiles and he hugs me gently and we both cuddle on his bed. I was going to ask him how he knew I was on the roof but I don't want to ruin this.

After a couple hours I woke up and Cameron wasn't on the bed. The pain has faded a bit so I sit up.

Cameron comes in and he brings a plate of steak and a baked potato with a pizza.

"I'm not much of a cook but I made you lunch, since you didn't eat." I smile and he puts the plate on the cabinet next to me.

"Thanks Cameron. It looks good."

"It does?"

"Yeah the pizza." I laugh as he punches my good arm.

"Sure but do want anything else? Do you want the tv on?" I nod.

"Yeah that'll be nice."

"Okay."

He turns on the tv and sits with me on the bed. I grab the plate and I start to eat.

"Mmm. This is good." I say.

"Really?" I nod since I'm chewing. Gotta have my manners. But I kiss his cheek. Then I realize something. I spit out the food and Immediately got up.

"Shit! I need to go home! My mom was probably waiting at school for a while!" Cameron immediately pulls me down.

"Shawn. Shawn! It's okay I took care of that. I called your mom beforehand and she was okay with it. I even got your backpack. Its in the car."

I sigh deeply in relief and my now hard beating heart slows down.

"Oh god thank you. I thought I was about to have a heart attack."

"No problem." He says chuckling.

I sit back down and continue to eat. And Cameron too because I'm feeding him. We finish the food and I put it on the cabinet.

I put my head on his chest as he gently scratches it. It feels so comforting. I close my eyes smiling.

"I love you Cameron."

"Love you too Shawn."