Chapter Twenty-One

Two hours after our hiking trip, we went to the mall. Dad comes back today so we want to look for a gift for him. Especially Cameron because he wants to make a good impression. But that might be a little difficult.

"Oh my God it's Shawn and Cameron!!" And we are surrounded by a lot of girls and some guys who wanted to take pictures with us. We look at each other and laugh.

"Well luckily it's early so there's not a big crowd." I say.

After about half an hour we finished, We got a gift for my dad and we walked out.

"Hey Shawn do you have a twitter?" Cameron asks.

"Yeah and a instagram and snapchat but I rarely use them. Now I guess I have a reason too." I say realizing that.

-

We arrive at my house and mom is in the kitchen.

"Hey mom." I say kissing her cheek. And Cameron hugs her.

"Yeah. Hey mom."

We laughed and I was about to tell mom my day until someone spoke up.

"How about a hey dad?" I turn around and I smiled wide to my dad holding Aaliyah.

"Dad! Hi, You're home." I say giving him a hug. And Cameron stands there awkwardly.

"Yeah I missed you all... Looks like we have a new member in the family." He says looking at Cameron.

"H-hi th-there Mr. Mendes sir." Aww. He's nervous.

"Dad this Cameron." I say introducing him.

"So I've heard. This is the little guy who is going to take you away from us." Oh no. Not his jokes and sarcasm.

"Daad..."

"No sir I want to be part of this family and be with Shawn." He says a little worried.

Dad looks him in the eye and puts Aaliyah down.

"Is that right?" He says getting closer to his face.

"Y-yes s-sir."

"Manny stop scaring the kid." Mom says.

"Dad come on thats enough." I say pushing his arm.

"Yes sir. I love Shawn so much and I plan to never leave his side." Cameron says with full confidence.

Then dad laughs loudly and grabs his whole body into a hug and rubs his head.

"Well you're definitely the one for my son! Welcome to the family!" I sigh and roll my eyes. I go near Cameron and put an arm around him.

"Here's a gift from us." I say chuckling.

"Oh a gift from both of you! Thanks!" He says overly "happy".
"Now who's ready to- oh my goodness Shawn!!" I jumped up scared as he pulls out a paper from his folders.

"What?!" He hands me a paper and I read it over. And over. My eyes widen and so does my smile. I can't believe it. A record company wants me to work with them! "Is this forreal!" I say excited.

"Yup. Just give them a call to make your decision... You know I'm soo proud of you son. I didn't think you'll sing again anytime soon." I nod. You're probably wondering why my parents say this. It's because when my grandma came over she would always want me to sing because she said I sounded like an angel. After she passed away I became very upset and I haven't sang since. For like four years. But Cameron technically made me want to do it. I wanted to impress him so much.

"What?" Cameron asks. I show him the paper and his eyes widen too and smiles.

"And actually I got one for you too Cameron." He looks up confusingly and dad hands him a paper.

"No way." He shows me the paper and a company wants him for modeling.

"Wow!" I say shocked.

We both have our futures in our hands.

"I want to call them after graduation." I say. And Cameron agrees.

"Good decision." Mom says. And dad nods.

"So for now lets all go out to eat." My dad says.

"Okay but I need to shower. We went hiking." I say chuckling.

We both go upstairs and I took a shower then Cameron and we changed our clothes.

We head down stairs and we all go into the family van and hung out the rest of the day.

>>>

Thanks to everyone who commented and voted I really appreciate it. Like you have no idea. Thanks so much for more than a thousand reads and over a hundred votes! Forgot to mention it before!  Until the next update.