Chapter Nineteen

Cameron's POV

Friday has came by so quick. I wake up a little upset because Shawn isn't on my bed. He said he had something important to do.

Since it's Friday I dress a little nicer than usual and grab my soccer uniform and stuff it in my backpack.

I drove to school and I haven't seen Shawn anywhere. Maybe he is late. Maybe I'm worrying too much. I sent him a text to make sure everything is alright.

- Are you at school?

* No not right now. I won't be until fourth class starts.

- Okay Love You. Just wanted to make sure.

- Love you too Cammy Bear.

* Shut up hahaha

I was relieved but also upset that he won't be in the class we're in. I only have him for first and fourth.

I go into first period and my friends, I guess I can call them, comes up to me.

"Yo Dallas ready for this afternoon?" I nodded.

"Yeah I'm just a little nervous." Mostly because I don't know if Shawn will really come.

"Hey since when were you nervous?" He looks around me and notices something.

"Where's your boyfriend? Shawn?" I sigh.

"I don't know. He said he might be late."

"Oh so you're nervous because you don't know if he'll come to your game and watch." I laughed.

"Yeah something like that."

-

It was the end of the day and I really started to freak out. Shawn wasn't here all day. I tried to talk to Danny but I didn't have the time or knew where he was. I tried texting him but he didn't reply.

The final school bell rang and I'm upset. I mean it's a big game.

And now that I think of it I'm being not a good boyfriend. Maybe he had something to do. Or had to be somewhere. I sigh deeply and went to the guys locker room to get ready.

I didn't get fully ready because the game is in an hour so I have time. But coach want us to warm up and have some energy. He believes in natural energy. So he gave us fruits and fiber granola bars.

-

The game starts in a couple minutes and I see no Shawn. I guess he's not coming. Which made me sad. I sat on a bench trying so hard not to text him because I don't want to seem desperate.

"Cameron are you ready?" Tanner asks me. I nodded. I get up and walk to the field.

I look around but still no Shawn and before I knew the referee blows his whistle and the guy in front of me has the ball and went passed me. I went after him and kicked the ball away.

I have to be focus on the game.

But after the first ten minutes its 0 to 3. And coach is not happy. And neither am I. So I try to focus really hard. But for the next thirty minutes nobody scored. The referee blows his whistle.

"Break!" I walk to the bench and sat down grabbing my hair.

"Cameron! Whats going on?" Coach asks.

"He really wanted Shawn to be here." Tanner says. I couldn't deny it because it was true.

"Oh that boyfriend of yours?" He says laughing. He walks over to the speaker and says,

"Okay now for some entertainment!" I was confused and then my heart literally beated a mile a minute.

No way.

"Hey guys! I'm Shawn and I wrote this new song for a particular person. But goes to all of you too. This song is called, 'Believe'."

And he starts to sing which causes me to dance and jump.

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [8x]

Everest is only a mountain
A pyramid is just a shape
Doesn't have to hold you back
Doesn't have to pin you down

Let your dreams take flight
And your heart ignite

Did you know that it's true
Everything is possible
There's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [4x]
And I believe in you
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [4x]

Don't be afraid to be who you are
Just scream out and shout and follow the stars
Forget about the past that it's over
We are the young ones our way is forward

Who keeps tabs on stupid mistakes?
We all mess up but that's just the way
We learn how to get back up
We learn how to turn the page

So we will let our dreams take flight
And our hearts ignite

Did you know that it's true
Everything is possible
There's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [4x]
And I believe in you
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [4x]

Let your dreams take flight
And your heart ignite

Did you know that it's true
That everything is possible
There's nothing we can't do
It's a wild and beautiful fire
And I believe in you

I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [4x]
And I believe in you
I believe, I believe, I believe, hey [4x]
And I believe in you

"Come on Cameron! You're getting your butt kicked! I've been watching the whole time!" I laugh and then break time is over.

Now its time to play for real. I look over at Shawn and he has a huge banner that was written, "GO CAMERON DALLAS (my boyfriend)"

I laughed and the game begins.

-

"Oh my god you won! Your team won!" Shawn says hugging me excitedly.

"Thanks to you. I love you." And I kissed him right here. In front of everyone because I want him to know I'll always love him and proud to be his. And the crowd goes aw.

"I love you too. Now lets celebrate with some delicious restaurant food. My treat." I smiled widely and hugged him.

"Okay."

"Okay." I laughed.

"Oh god shawn."