Chapter Twenty

Shawn's POV again

After we finished our dinner we walked around a park to relax and talk. We walked hand in hand and enjoyed ourselves.

"Shawn thank you again so much for that surprise you did there. It's continually replaying in my head." I smiled.

"Youre welcome Cameron. As high school is ending soon, I want to make it the best for us." He smiles and kisses my cheek and hugged me.

"I just love you so much. I could like scream it out of the top of my lungs!" I laughed. And then a random idea hits me.

"Have you ever went hiking?" He laughed at the random idea.

"No. But I've always wanted to though."

"Good. We're hiking on a mountain tomorrow morning." He looks at me like I'm a crazy person.

"Okay weirdo." He says patting my back.

We went back to his house and his mom and sister congratulated him. Again. We laughed though and Cameron thanks them. We both went into his room and layed in his bed. We were both pretty tired. Especially Cameron. So I slept over.

-

I wake up the next morning earlier than I thought and it was because I wake up to Cameron repeatingly kissing my forehead and cheek.

"Morning sleepy head. Beautiful morning to go hiking." My eyes shot open.

"Hiking? Why are we- oh. About that..."

"Oh Shawn. Too late. Get up and dress appropriately." I sigh and hide under the covers. "Okay no muffins then."

And I immediately got up.

"Um which clothes should I wear?" I say with a big smile. He gives me an outfit and chuckles.

"This one and if you want you can shower I have an extra towel." I smirked.

"With you?" Cameron literally stops moving. "I mean it'll save time." I say acting seductive. Cameron starts to laugh and continue doing what he was doing.

"Shawn this is why I love you." I laugh and smacked his butt and changed my clothes.

It sure is still dark out. Like a dark blue colored sky.

"Cameron what time is it?"

"Six thirty-three."

"Jeez! How are you up? When did you get up?" I asked surprised.

"It doesn't matter, now lets go downstairs." He says going down.

-

After eating a hearty good breakfast we grabbed our backpacks and stuffed them with water bottles and trail mix bags. Also bandages and rubbing alcohol just in case. And Cameron brings one last thing. And it's a polaroid camera.

"Since when did you use that?" I asked.

"I've always used it. I love using this thing."

"So you take pictures?"

"Yeah and you'll see of what.. Someday." He says with a huge grin. I chuckled confusingly.

"Okaay.."

-

We drove out and at first I was like I'm crazy and why the hell did I suggest this. But now it's actually nice because it's just me and Cameron enjoying a relaxing early morning. A random hiking adventure. And then I realized, which mountain are we going to?!

"Cameron we don't even know where to g-"

"I know. I got a location."

"Wow. You planned immediately." He smiles and nods.

We reach a nice mountain perfect for hiking on. We both got out and grabbed our backpacks.

"Well let the adventure begin!" I say. And we both walk a path.

"Nice walk always calms my crazy mind." I look at Cameron.

"Crazy mind? Ha you meant a weird mind." He laughs and pushes me gently.

"Shut up." He says smiling.

We continue walking and we saw a lot of beautiful things. You know, flowers, colored birds, butterflies here and there, and you know.

Thirty minutes into the walking the sun starts to rise. And by the minutes it's more amazing.

"There's only a couple things that's more beautiful than this." Cameron says.

"Really? What?" I asked. In my mind I'm like, you. You are. And I guess he read my mind because,

"You. You are more beautiful." I laughed so hard and he has the cheesiest smile.

"Oh my god Cameron! Shut up!" I grab his hand and kiss his cheek.

He pulls my hand and mumbles, "This is perfect." And we continue to walk.

"Cameron knows where he's going?" I ask chuckling.

"Yes he does."

The sun starts to rise and the sky is a nice pink and blue mix. Cameron pulls out his polaroid camera.

"You go walk ahead and turn right." Cameron says.

"Um okaaay." I say confused but smiling.

I continue walking and there's two paths. So I turn right and by the looks of it, looks like it might be a dead end. Why would I walk towards a dead e-...

OH MY GOD! NO WAY!

I was shocked, excited, happy, and ready to scream. I heard a click. At first I didn't turn around because I'm still seeing what was in front of me.

Shawn... Prom?

Written in a huge banner surrounded by a bunch of flowers. I didn't even know there was still a prom.

I turn around a heard another click and saw the flash from the polaroid camera.

"There... two perfect photos." He says smiling and grabbing the films.

"Cameron..." Now today made sense.

"So Shawn? Prom?" He asked. I smiled widely.

"Of course! Yeah!" I ran and hugged him tightly.

"Good. I've been dreaming of this moment ever since I saw you freshman year." I looked up and kissed him.

"Me too."

"Now, time for some muffins." He says getting a container out of his backpack. I smiled wider.

"You're the most amazing boyfriend ever." I say giving him a kiss again.

"Only because you are."