Chapter Seven

I'm waiting for my mom to call me names or get angry but it doesn't come.

"Ooh a love battle. That's a bad one." I fall back from my chair with surprise and pain. So much pain. "Sweetie are you okay?" I got up and stared at her.

"Am I okay? Are you?" I said serious.

"I'm not drunk yet so yeah I am." She says giggling.

"I'm being serious."

"What? You expected that I was a homophobic terrible mother? Sweetie we're Canadian, not patriotic shunning idiots. Same with your father. He'll just tease you a bit and will still be there for you."

I was extremely happy. This is why I love this family.

"Thanks mom." I say and hugged her.

"You're welcoming sweetie. And one more thing..."

"What?" We let go and she smiles.

"You're grounded for sneaking out. And a fyi, I did the same pillow under the blankets trick when I was your age." I laughed and nodded.

"Okay mom."

I did a little bit of cleaning just to pass the time. After a short amount of time, I hear knocking on the door. I go upstairs quickly and put on a couple bracelets on my wrists because they are still red and bruised from the handcuffs.

Then I open it to see Cameron... And the girl he kissed yesterday in his car.

"Hey Shawn... Um are you ready?" I nodded. As he awkwardly stood.

"Bye Mom! Bye Aaliyah!" I yell as I close the door.

I sit in the back seat and Cameron drives off.

Wow. Am I seriously going to be a third wheel? I put on my earbuds and connected it to my phone and searched for a song. I finally found one and as soon as I was about to press it,

"Why did you bring him?" The girl asked.

"Because he's really cool. And we had plans today. I didn't want to blow him off."

I played the song and just looked out of the window. Not wanting to hear.

After twenty minutes of driving we arrived at a zoo. Which closes in about an hour since it's Wednesday. I smiled wide because I haven't been at the zoo for a long time. And Cameron answers whats on my mind. Why are we here late?

"Hey it's a good time to be here. Fewer people and noises. And besides we all like animals don't we?" Cameron says chuckling.

We get into the entrance and grab a zoo map and visited what was near us. Which were gophers.

We went to see other animals and went to see the ones we want to see like the lions, giraffes, the aquarium, kangaroos, and especially the goats they had. They would always nibble on your clothes and I think its adorable.

Eventually we ate at a small Dairy Queen restaurant they had. As we were eating I heard someone say,

"Hey Liz? You got a bobby pin? My hair is totally going to mess up." I turn around and saw a really nice looking girl. I smiled and got up.

"Hey I got a couple." I say smiling.

"Really? I just need one." She says. I pull one out and handed it to her. Then she puts it in her hair. "Thank you so much. I'm Selene."

"Shawn. Nice to meet you."

"Same. Sit with us for a little bit. We're going to have to go anyways." I nodded and sat with them.

"Sooo. Hello ladies. Wonderful weather we're having." They laughed and I smiled.

"Well yeah sure. So what brought you here at such a late hour?"

"Well my friend over there. He brought us here you know, for fun."

They take a good look at him and I guess he saw because Selene is waving. I turn around and I wave at them.

All three of us started talking the basic stuff. The school we go to, ages, what we like and don't like, and other random stuff. After five minutes Selene and Liz keeps staring behind me.

"Wow. He has some serious jealousy issues." I look at Selene with an eyebrow raised.

"At who?"

"You." She says. I stop drinking from my cup.

"She has jealousy reading powers."

"Shut up Liz. Don't tell everyone. But seriously though, I think your friend likes you." Selene says serious. I sigh.

"You sure?" She nods.

"He looks unhappy although he's talking to that girl. You need to do something."

"I guess I have to try." I sigh not wanting to tell them that I know.

"Well we gotta go. Also go get him tiger." I chuckle. As we got up.

"Alright. Have a good day." And I hugged them both.

"You too. Until we meet again." She smiled and she left with her friend.

I sat back down and Cameron looks hurt but tries to smile.

"See that's why I have a bobby pin with me." I say. "Although I don't have their numbers." I say laughing

I'm trying to bring a laugh. Is that too much? Or maybe I'm doing it the wrong way. Gosh! That's why I'm bad at love. Or whatever this is. Someone needs to make an formula equation to solve this.

The zoo begins to close and we get out and head to the car.

Cameron drops off the girl who's name I finally know which is Emily. Cameron still looks unhappy. I have to do something. So as he is still driving I jump to the front and punch his arm.

"Hey Cameron so you and Emily huh?" He smiles a tiny bit. It's better than nothing.

"We're not a thing. We both didn't feel anything. We're just friends now." Wow that's a good and bad thing.

"Sorry man." I say "Lets get a bucket of ice cream and some pizza and hang out at your house." He smile happily and nods.

I'm going to tell him somehow. Hopefully accidental. That I'm the Rebel.