Chapter Twelve

Oh crap.

We stood there looking at each other.

"You! What are you doing?" I remained silent but whispered to the earpiece so he doesn't hear.

"Um Danny we have a problem. Cameron's here."

"Shit. If you can, drop him down and jump to the lower levels of the building and run inside."

I look around me to find a way to do that.

"I don't know but I'll come up with something."

"Just be careful."

Then Cameron comes closer. And I take a step back.

"How about a deal? You stop this and I won't have to force you to surrender. I don't want to be doing this."

I have to respond to that. So I do my very hardest to deepen my voice naturally.

"Okay fine. It's my last day anyways."

"Okay good. But give me the bag." My eyes widen. "The one around your waist."

"That I cant do." I make sure the bag is secured.

And I jumped on top of the blocks and the electrical room and run off and jumped to the lower levels of the school roof. And Cameron seriously is catching up. And as I was about to jump again he pushed me and I lost balance and I fell face first to the ground. My bandanna slips off and I quickly put back on and I turned around. I could feel the blood dripping from my cheek and jaw and my arm.

"Holy shit, I didn't mean too I tried to grab you. Come on I seriously don't want to do this. Then I'll clean you up." I cant do that. Then he'll give it to the principal and justice will never be served. I whisper to the earpiece.

"Danny I need you to get the bag. I'm going to throw it on the tree with the purple flowers behind the school. With my phone and these earpieces. Tell me when you're out." I whispered.

"Kay."

I look at Cameron and his mask. Black and only covers half his face and a hoodie to cover his hair. I'm sorry Cameron. I ran to Cameron and pushed him down. Not too forceful though. And I ran up and up to the upper levels of the building edges. Once I reach the very top of the roof I see Daniel and I put in my phone and the earpiece and threw the bag near the purple flowered tree.

"Good luck." And he puts a thumbs up.

I turned around to see Cameron. I grab his shoulder and pushed him back. And then I got a blow on the face and fall to the lower level of the school. On the side with the bloody scratches. I fall to the floor and I feel like I might go unconscious. But if there's one thing I got to say.

Mission Success.

I get up and try run back to the top level and reach the door but I tripped where the roof ends. I thought I was done for but I felt someone grab my arm. And it's Cameron. I cant move my body enough to grab him with my other hand. And I'm still dizzy.

"Come on grab my hand!" His voice echos in my head. He is using his other hand to hold himself onto the roof. "Come on! Lift your hand!" But I couldn't and my hand slips. But with every effort in my body I grabbed hold of the pipes to lessen the impact of the fall and kick the wall to push myself to the bushes. And I made it.

I cant believe I'm still alive. After what felt like hours that had passed, I can see the blurriness of Cameron's feet coming towards me. He takes off his mask but I didn't see his face. I slowly close my eyes to unconsciousness hearing the fading words of Cameron.

"Fuck! Ugh I'm so sorry. This wasn't what it-. Ugh! I should have just let you yo-" I feel him take off the beanie and the once gray, now probably dark red bandanna. "Shawn?!"

And the darkness I go.