Small Talk

Blue *P.O.V.*
I was hoping Saturday and Sunday was gonna be longer than they usually are. It was 7:30am on Monday morning and I was still lying in bed with a million thoughts going through my mind. It probably was a unlikely possibility that mom would forget about today. My thoughts went away as I heard my alarm went off. I reached over to quickly turn it off before anybody to hear. Sadly...she did.
Bey: Wake up sleepy head!
"Goodmorning.. you heard my alarm?"
Bey: I set my own to make sure I can wake y'all up if you over slept.
"Oh...I'm sick"
Bey: No you're not Blue
"Yes *cough* yes I am, I think I got it *cough cough* over night.
Hoping she would believe me.
Bey: Mhm..imma go wake your brother up and I'll come back and check your temperture.
"Ok *cough*
She walks away and I hear her say 'Wake up big head' to my brother. But I can't believe she actually thought I was sick, but what if my temperture was fine. Imma just say I have a stomach virus. She came back holding a thermometer. I sat up and opened my mouth.
Bey: What are you doing?
"I thought you was going to take my temperture.."
She started giggling and I was just getting confused more and more.
Bey: Blue..this is a rectal thermometer.
" Sooo..where does that go..."
I knew where it went but I just didn't want to say it. She pointed it to my other end. I just got up and looked at her.
"Uhh, imma just get ready for school."
Bey: Yea you do that.

Bey *P.O.V.*
"Breakfast it ready!"
Since today was hopfully gonna be a good day for Chaz and Blue, I decided to start it off and make breakfast for them. I cooked pancakes, eggs, and their favorite, bacon. I saw them practically running down the stairs and sitting down in the chairs ready to eat.
"Here you go."
I hand them their plates of food and they immediately began eating.
"Damn, y'all act like you haven't ate since last week."
Chaz: I haven't ate since I fell asleep last night.
"You eat 24/7 Chaz"
Blue: Momma no he doesn't..he eats 25/8 to be exact.
I had to laugh at both of them. The conversations they have always makes me laugh.
Chaz: Shut up blue
Blue: Make me
"Both of y'all need to finish eating"
They both hushed and finished eating. The school didn't start till 8: 30 and its 8 now. So that means at 8:15 we need to leave the house.
"Go get yall stuff and come back down here so we can talk."
Blue: About?
"Just do what I said Blue"
Blue: ok
They both headed upstairs, got their bookbags and stuff and came back down.
"Sit on the couch please"
They both sat down and I began to talk.
"Ok, I know today is gonna be different because you both haven't been in school since. But I just wanted you to know that I want both of yall to let go of the past and start fresh. You need to get focused on work and pay attention in class and respect your teachers. Ok?"
Chaz: Ok
Blue:...ok
I got up and pulled them into a big hug. I wanted them to know that I'll be there whenever they need me and they can tell me anything. I let them both go and grabbed my keys and we all headed out the door.