Chapter 1-Plane

*Edited*
I am currently going to the airport to board a plane to my college. I am in the last year of my college. As usual my mom Hannah is crying. I seriously don't understand why she is crying. It's not like I am a soldier going to war. I am just going to college and it is not my first time either.

I live away from parents ever since 11th grade to get better education. They wanted to have a good education. My college is in New York but we live in Boston. I am an only child so that makes it even more difficult for my mom to let me go. One would think that after all these years she would not cry, but no. She cries each and every time I leave for college.

Sure, I miss my parents but I am not much of an emotional person to cry. And I also don't like to see my mom cry. It is not a good sight to see. My father, David is not crying but I can see him sad. I am a daddy's girl. He is always by my side. I love him and I am his princess.

Sorry I don't think I introduced myself. I am Destiny. Astrea Destiny Faith. And no I am not a foreigner. I am a pure American. You see the reason behind this I am born late to my parents they adore me so much! My dad said after I was born I opened my eyes and looked at him innocently with cute big eyes. You don't believe me right? Yes, I don't believe that story too. I mean come on! How can a new born look with big eyes? It's only possible in anime and cartoons. In real life it's not possible.

That aside the story is that my father love my eyes, sorry innocent eyes and for him I was like an angel. A pure, innocent angel and hence he named me 'Astrea' a Greek word which means innocence.  It really irritates me when people ask me if I am not native American. I can't tell this story to every one right? Oh and also Destiny is because they think, no, believe I am destined for great things.

I actually like the name Astrea a tad  bit more but because of this long explanation I just stick with Destiny. Do you think my misery ended there? Nope! Not at all! You see the register for attendance where the teacher thinks calling one by last name is the polite and right thing to do? That is where the problem started. Miss Faith. So my name as per my friends is Destiny Faith which is more like two adjectives came together and they find way more funny and a way to tease me. And telling my Greek name would only add to my misery so I had to keep quiet about my full name. 

But it doesn't mean I hate my name. It is MY name and I like it no matter what people would think. In fact I do like my name. Not only is it unique but has a very good meaning too. Though I don't tell my dad I am happy that he named 'Astrea Destiny'. Just a tad bit annoyed when people ask me about it. We finally reached the airport and it is time for me to board the plane.

"We will miss you honey." My mom hugged me and started crying more. I patted her back and smiled.

"Mom, don't cry. I will be back for holidays and this is the last year of my college."

"Then you will go away for job this time and you won't have holidays like in college to visit us."

"Mom, we have what is a called leave to visit you then and I still haven't got a job remember. Who knows I might get in Boston."

"That would be great!" My mom cheered a little with the idea of me getting a job in our town and staying with her. I relaxed slightly to know that she calmed down a little. I don't know where I will work but it is fine with me if my mom thinks I will get it here if that makes her feel better. If I work somewhere, we can think about it when the time comes.

I hugged my dad next. "Take care of mom and yourself dad." I said. "Sure thing sweety. Take care of yourself. Call me when you reach there." I nodded. I live therein a small apartment.My dad helps me and I also work part time to meet the expenses. My dad said he would cover it all but I don't want to that so I work part time. My dad is a surgeon and my mom stays at home. I bid them goodbye and boarded the plane.