Chapter 14-New guy

"Why are people crowded over there?" I asked Kidou.

"I don't know. Let us find out." It is the last period before lunch in our regular college life, I mean it is regular these few days. So far Gouenji forgot about the trip and for that I am thankful. I am not going to remind him because that would be practically planning for my own demise. Knowing him he will find ways to torture me.

"Is it some new famous kid?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? You don't know all the kids in your circle?"

"What circle do you mean? You have to know that if any such circle exists you are in it since you are one of us." He mock glared at me.

"Okay, sorry. It's just...nothing." I settled and held up my hands in surrender. "Wait, do we need to interfere? Can't we just sit here and mind our own business? Anyway people here just like to exaggerate things and make a fuss for normal things."

"That's why you are oblivious to your surroundings. Minding your own business is fine but you should also know what is going on in this world. Keeping yourself updated is also one of the things important in this business oriented world." He said dragging me along with him to the crowd. All I could hear is their obnoxious laughter or at least for me it is obnoxious since I am not a fan of crowds.

"Come on how can you still like cartoons?" I heard someone question.

"Seriously he is still a kid but aiming so high."

"Ssh! The kid will be hurt." Someone else mocked.

I somehow don't like the situation. It feels as if these guys are teasing someone. But does it still happen in this world? I mean come on we are very much developed than that right? All that still doesn't happen in this real world right? I mean what do we get by teasing others and mocking them? We went a little further in the crowd to find all these guys crowded around a guy who sat tall in his seat not caring about the crowd around him. Who is he? He seems around my age. Of course he should be since he is in this classroom. Is he the leader of this group? A victim? But he has his head held high to be the victim. A spectator but then again why are they crowded around him?

"Still acting so proud?" Someone else pushed him. So he seems to be the victim but then again why? Am I misinterpreting the situation? I am confused.

"How can such a kid be in our class? Just because of your money and status skipping classes and joining your seniors. What joke is this?"

I looked at Kidou in confusion. What is happening here?

"What's happening here guys?" Kidou asked.

"Oh here comes another rich kid." They mocked Kidou this time."Ah yes! You want to know what is going on?" He asked very sarcastically for my liking. "This kid here, two years younger than us" Oh! I didn't know. I should say he looks more mature than me. "who likes cartoons and is 'deaf' but just because he came from a rich background got into this class."

To say I am pissed is an understatement. Why should they mock him and why are they putting emphasis on the part that he is deaf? And what is wrong with liking cartoons?

"Come on how can a deaf kid be in the same class as us? It is a shame to us."

"Why not?" I found myself saying before I could stop myself. They all turned to me. Well then I should say what I think? "Why can't he be in the same class with us? And what is wrong with liking cartoons? If he likes cartoons then it's fine. Every individual has his own taste." I asked bewildered. What is wrong with them?

"So are you telling me that you like cartoons?"

"Where does that question come from? But if you really want an answer then yes, I do like them. I only see animated movies and horror pictures. Do you have some problem with that? Even if you do keep it to yourself because I won't force you to watch them or like them."