(3)

"ALEXA REMI GRAY, YOU WILL GET OUT OF THAT BED RIGHT NOW!" My mom yells at me. I groan as I take my Green Beats headphones off. I look at mom as she was standing in my doorway. I look at her with a bored expression.

"Yes, mom?" I say as I can still hear Green Day bursting through the Beats.
"Alexa, you've been in that bed for 3 days! Where is my Lexi? Why don't you go out for a bit? I need to buy some groceries but I have work to do." She says, hope evident in her voice. I sigh as I nod. She- literally- squeals as I get up from my bed, going to my closet. Over these past 3 days, after Zoë left, I have done 4 things; taking showers, listening to music, eating like a bird and watching Netflix. I go to my closet and pick out a black tank top along with some blue ankle ripped jeans and out them on, as I put them on, I realise the once-skinny jeans are now a bit baggy on me, the tank top as well. God, I think I'll have to wear size 2 now instead of 4. I put on my maroon converse and take my iPhone and the Beats with me. As I put the beats around my neck, I see mom coming at me with the money and grocery list and gives me the car keys. She kisses me on the cheek and tells me to drive safely. I smile a small smile and go out to the car. Over the past 3 days, mom had stopped crying a bit but she looks exhausted, I told her that she needn't worrying about me but she just doesn't listen to me. She keeps crying everyday before she goes to sleep and it kills me that everyday I go to her room and hug her till she falls asleep. I sigh as I start the car and head over to Walmart. The whole car ride was me belting out some Imagine Dragons. As I arrive to Walmart, I sigh as I park the car and put the money and grocery list in my pocket and put the Beats over my ears. Looking at the grocery list as I get into the store and getting a cart. Mom wants me to invade this place with this grocery list. I head over to the veggies section and get tomatoes and cucumbers, carrots, and onions and put them in the cart. Next is dairies section, getting 3 bottles of milk and yoghurt and flour along with eggs, I guess mom is making a cake soon. I was just about to go to the chicken section when someone bumps into me from behind, making me fall on my bum harshly it hurt my bones. I look up, ready to shout at whoever did this when I actually recognise who was it. It was the one and only, schools badboy, the devil of the populars, the bully of the nerds, Noah Black. Even though Noah was like this, he was devishly handsome. He had this light brown hair and brown eyes and this tanned skin. He was absolutely, amazingly, handsome. I look at him unable to say anaything as he looks down at me with an expression saying 'I know you, right?'. I look at him in surprise as he finally recognises me and reaches out a hand to pull me from the floor. I take it and he pulls me in a flash, damn, how couldn't I have noticed I became so light?

"Alexa, right?" He says. God, even his voice was handsome, I don't even know if that makes sense.

"Yes." I say with a small smile. He grins at me as he looks down at me.

"How is your summer vacation?" He says. I nod awkwardly.

"I didn't actually do anything. What about you?" I say.

"Beach and football with the gang." He answers with a shrug. I nod at him.

"Well, I probably have to-" I was cut off by his phone ringing. He mouths a 'sorry' as he answers it.

"Yup?" He says. The person on the other end of the line says a few words which make him furrow hus eyebrows.

"What? I can't get you 5,000$ in only 5 weeks, man, give me a break." Noah says. 5,000$? This is like, my life savings all at once.

"What? I can't do that, man, it is not possible." He says again, huffing.

5,000$?

Why does this bring me the stupidest idea ever?

"Fine, fine, I'll do it, just give me time to think how I'll bring it to you, okay?" He says.

"Yeah, okay, bye." He hangs up and sighs deeply.

"Everything okay?" I say. He looks at me with a small smile on his face.

"Justn peachy, Sunshine, just peachy." He calls me by my nickname now, perfect! The whole school calls me 'Sunshine' because I am always smiling for no particular reason. It really pisses me off but I got used to it.
"Um, sorry, but I overheard your conversation, you need 5,000$, right?" I say, he nods warily and crosses his arms, looking at deeply.

"Well, why don't we have a little bet?" I say. He nods again as he leans on my cart.

"You have to make the next 4 weeks to me unforgettable and I'll give you 5,000$." I say in one breath. He looks at me like I am crazy and raises his eyebrow.

"What?" He asks.

"Look, I need you to make these next 4 weeks the best in my entire life, full of risks and all and I'll give you, by the end of the 4th week, the 5,000$." I say.

"What's the catch?" He says warily.

"No catch. Just make them an unforgettable experience for me and you'll have your money. We don't even have to talk to each other afterwards." And we will never be able to.

"Only for the next 4 weeks." I say hopefully. He thinks about it for a while, looking deep in thought as I stare into his light brown orbs and he stares into my blue ones. He then takes a deep breath and looks at me, handing me his phone with the number keypad opened. He gestures for me to write my number.

"Well, you got it, Sunshine. Get ready for the best 4 weeks of your life."