(37)

Noah

Why?

That was the only question in my mind these past days. Like, why? Why did she do this? Did I do something wrong? I thought the road trip was something that she would've liked, heck, I even danced a Brazilian weird dance for her and she returns it with this? God, I am so angry at the world, but all in all, I still love her. I don't even know how, I just do. And I know it's a shout into a void now, but I still do. And I can't even control myself when someone says her name or something, I just lose it.

"Noah?" June says as she enters my room. She was holding a tray full of what seemed like my lunch.

"Yes?" I say my tone screaming 'Leave me alone!'.

"Come on, it's time to eat." She says.

"Not hungry, get out." I say as I roll onto my stomach and sigh.

"Oh, hell no I am taking any of this shit; you skipped breakfast by claiming that you weren't hungry at mornings. Well, it is 4 PM now, sucker, and you are gonna eat even if I shove the freaking food down your throat. I am not in the mood for this shit, really." She says as she comes forwards and puts the tray on my bed before folding her arms over her chest. I sigh before sitting up and reaching for a sandwich and taking a bite. June sighs in relief as she sits beside me and hugs me sideways.

"Please don't be sad, Noah. You have never been this depressed since," she trails off as she looks the other way, referring to the dark events of that day. I sigh before taking another bite, realizing how hungry I actually am. Mom made chicken sandwiches today and no one called me downstairs? The heck?

"I know, I just don't know why she did it, okay? There is no possible reason for this to actually happen. I never did anything to make her sad." I say as I finish my sandwich quickly. Damn, I was hungry. Kinda still am, but back to the point.

"Everyone has got their own reasons in order to do anything, Noah, don't judge before you know the whole story." She says with in a scolding manner.

"Oh, really?" I say in a sarcastic tone. "Well imagine I made you go to a deserted rollercoaster place, and we went star gazing like 500 times, we went to the beach, we went on a road trip we were in a live Brazil show! We went everywhere you could imagine including 'Just Bounce', would you be angry and cut off your relationship with me?" I say as I reach for another sandwich.

"We are brother and sister, so," she trails off again with a smirk.

"It's a rhetorical question, god damn it!" I say as I laugh. June laughs as well as she grabs the last sandwich on the tray.

"I know it's yours but I am a growing girl, I need food." She says as she takes a bite.

"Ew! Too much information, June." I say with a grimace. She laughs as she completes eating with me in comfortable silence. The silence stretched between us till my phone rings loudly when we both finished our sandwiches. June gets up and grabs it, looking at the ID.

"It's Zach." She says, handing me the phone. I answer it with a weird look as zach never calls me.

"Hey, man, what's up?" I say in a weird yet kinda concerned tone. A sniff s being heard as the person on the other end cries, I guess.

"Noah?" a feminine voice says; Alexa's best friend.

"Z?" I say. She sniffs again.

"Yes, this is Z. Noah, I have something to tell you." she says with yet another sniff.

"If it's Alexa saying sorry, I am not-" She cuts me off.

"Noah, Alexa is in the hospital." She says with a sob. My voice gets stuck in my throat as I hear this. What? In the hospital? How?