(28)

"Wake up, Lexi." I feel someone shaking my shoulder. What the hell is wrong with people waking me up these days? I groan as I open one eye as I see Z holding a mug of coffee for me. I glare for a few seconds before the aroma of coffee hits me and I smile gratefully. I take the mug and smell it deeply before I take the sip, tasting the sugar and slight milk in it. I smile to Z before taking another sip of the warm beverage. I finish it and place it on the nightstand.

"What's the time?" I say. She takes her phone out and checks it.

"11 AM." She says. I nod warily.

"When did you wake up?" I say as I sit up.

"At 9, you can say, I ate my breakfast and now I need to go to the bathroom, waffles and bacon are ready downstairs, help yourself." She says as she grabs her phone and giving me a quick, really quick, hug and goes to the bathroom. I stretch my arms before heaving a yawn and then swinging my legs off the bed and starting my journey down the stairs and to the kitchen, seeing my pate full of 3 waffles and 3 pieces of bacon and a glass of orange juice. I grin at the plate as I sit down and start eating. Footsteps are heard after my first bite as Mrs. Ray comes down in her business clothes. She smiles when she sees me.

"Good morning, honey." She says.

"Good morning, Mrs. Ray." I say. She pours herself a cup of coffee in a To-Go cup and then kisses me on the cheek before heading to the door. I take another bite from the bacon waffles. After 2 bites the doorbell rings, I furrow my eyebrows.

Maybe it's Mrs. Ray, she probably forgot something.

I head to the door and open it, since I know that Z is probably still texting or singing in the bathroom. I swing it open and see an unfamiliar man standing in front of me. I narrow the door as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Um, can I help you?" I say. He smirks widely and nods.

"Hello, I am Jackson; I guess you know me as Noah's boss in the gym." He smirks as my face pales.

"U-uh, hi." I say as I hide myself behind the door.

"Oh, don't be scared, I won't hurt you, yet anyways." He says with the same sly smirk as my heart drops. He kicks the door open a bit and my weak arms don't hold it against him. The door flies open and he stands really close to me I smell the cigarettes on him that it makes me wanna throw up the 5 bites I ate for breakfast.

"Listen here, sweet-cheeks, I need my money, so go tell your sweet little boyfriend I need it or you two are gonna get hurt, really, really, bad. Okay?" he says with the same sly smirk. I nod quickly. He smiles at me widely as he pats my head like a toddler. He puts his hand on my cheek, running his rough hand on my right cheek. I try not to flinch from his touch.

"You're a pretty little thing, aren't you?" he says with the same smirk as my hands start to tremble beside me.

"You won't actually do badly at fighting, we'll just have to break a few bones so you can get used to the feeling and then you'll be ready. You have no fat to lose. And by your looks,you won't take 5 minutes to be broken, in every single way; mentally andphysically."

He says with the same smirk as I glare at him mentally but make my expression emotionless. He fake salutes me as he goes down the driveway and to his car. He waves at me with the same malice look and I quickly shut the door. I rest my back against it as tears form in my eyes like a waterfall. Noah endured this? God. I pick myself up as I try to act like nothing happened. I hear footsteps down the stairs and Z comes at me.

"Hey, something wrong?" she asks. I shake my head with a shrug.

"No, just some kids who were lost." I say. She nods her head before smiling.