(5)

Picture of Noah Black
...............
"Alexa?" I hear a distant voice call for me.

"Lexi, please wake up." I think this is Zoë's voice, what is going on? Why can't I open my eyes?
I try once to open my eyes, but I feel like they're glued together. I try to move any part of me, I try till I finally figured out how to twitch my hand.

"Derek, Derek, she just twitched her hand, her hand just twitched!" I hear Zoë say.
I try again to open my eyes, and this time, I finally get to see the spotlights of Derek's apartment shining in my eyes. I blink to try and end the blurriness as I stare into Derek's and Zoë's shocked faces. I smile a bit at them as Derek runs his hand over his face as relief washes over his features.
"Hey." I whisper. Zoë laughs a bit as she steadies me as I get up into a sitting position. Derek looks at me smiling sadly.

"What's wrong?" I say as I pull him into a quick hug. Zoë hands me a soda can and I take a sip.

"Nothing, I was just so worried, why didn't you say you were tired? Why didn't you tell me you haven't eaten anything in 3 days? We wouldn't have done that." He says. I shrug.

"I forgot, sorry." I say. "Anyways I need to go back to mom and tell her about everything that happened. She needs to know." I say. They both nod as they help me of the ground.

"Do you need a ride? You can wait a bit, mom is coming to take me after an hour or so." Zoë says. I shake my head lightly.

"I'll walk, it's only 5 or 6 blocks from here. Don't worry, Derek, I'll call you when I get there." I say. They both nod and hug me and the next thing I know, I am walking down the streets with my Green Beats covering my ears, blasting some Maroon 5 in my ears. I actually wanted to walk to get the chance to think properly.

What are they going to do when I go?

What will mom's reaction be?

God, I want her to be strong.

Will she do exactly what she did after Dad?

What am I gonna do now?

I just fainted and this shows how much I am sick.

God, help me.

I want some ice cream right now, yup, ice cream shall handle this.

What will mom say when I tell her about the bet?

Will she accuse me of being a stupid little girl? Which is totally right.

I can't wait to see her expression. It'll be priceless.

And with that thought, I realise that I have been standing in front of my house for 5 minutes. I sigh as I get inside and see mom watching How To Get Away With Murderer. God, I love this show senseless.

"You're watching How To Get Away With Murderer without me?" I fake hurt as I put my hand on my heart and fake sadness. Mom laughs at me as she scoots over and pats the place beside her. I jump on the couch as she hands me a tub of ice cream. Mom, I love you. As I was starting to open the tub, commercials come and I groan. Then I remember why I am here and fully turn to her.

"Mom, I wanna tell you something." I say, nervousely.

"What is it, dear?" She asks as she looks at me.

"Well, I met a boy in the store, he's from my school, and I made a bet with him." I say, she looks at me with a confused expression.

"What kind of bet, exactly?" She asks warily.

"No, no, not like that. I wanted to do something new, before.... you know what. So, I asked him to make these weeks unforgettable for me, and I'll give him 5,000$. He said yes." I say in one breath. Mom stared at me with a shocked expression as she takes in the words I said and lets them sink in.

"From where will you get that money, silly?" She says laughing.

"I have 7,000$, my entire life savings." I say. Mom looks at me weirdly.

"But, you always said, you'll never spend this money unless it's a life or death situation." Mom says but then she slaps her hand over her mouth after she said so.

"Mom, don't be a drama queen, you can talk about death in front of me, I won't say anything, I won't even be mad, you know?" I say with a light laugh as she smiles sadly at me.

"Well, you agree?" I say hopefully.

"Unfortunately, I do." She says as she shakes her head a bit. I squeal and get up and hug her tightly, crushing her to my chest. She laughs as she hugs me back closely.

"Mom, I love you." I say. She pulls away and stares into my tear filled eyes and she pats my back and scoots a bit so that I can sit and put my thin legs over her own legs.

"Oh, sweetie, I love you too, more than you can ever imagine. And whatever you wanna do these days, I won't say anything about it, as long as it makes you happy." She says, smiling a bit. I smile back as she starts to massage my leg. I put my feet on the floor and get up, saying a good night and going up, it was already 8 pm, what a long day this was. I reach my room and change into my night gown and rest on the bed. I can't believe it's finally Friday. Even though I don't have school, I still love my Friday till the end of time. As I was about to fall asleep, I hear my familiar ring tone of Counting Stars by OneRepublic and I groan, getting up and going to answer it, who calls someone at 8:30 pm?

Oh, I am the crazy one here, no one sleeps at 8:30 pm in the summer vacation.

As I look at the caller I.D, I find it's an unknown number. I answer the phone warily.

"Hello?" I say, hoping it's not some weirdo who got my number off Facebook.

"Sunshine, I figured it all out, we're starting tomorrow."