(9)

Picture of Aiden Garcia
................................

Zach and Zoë left at 5 pm, leaving me sitting here with a messy bun and an oversized tee watching marathons on Netflix, again. I pause the episode of New Girl that was about to start and get up, going to my desk at the corner of the room.

My room was one of those dream rooms everybody sees on Facebook. I had my bed in the middle of my room, surrounded by a bookshelf over the headboard. It held lots and lots of books which I've read already, yeah, you could say I am a bookworm. I had a desk facing the door, holding school books and my Beats Pill and my regular Beats headphones. I had a small walk in closet on the right side of the bed. The walls were a light baby blue and I had drawings on it, indigo coloured drawings. The walls were coveres in posters as well, Green Day, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Coldplay, Maroon 5 and a lot of other bands and movies and t.v shows. I had white colored rugs covering the floor and this huge window that covered the left side of my bed. There was this hour in the day, at 3 pm, when the sunlight would come inside and it would make the whole position of the carpet warm and fluffy, I would sit on the floor and put on music and take out a book and start reading. I had this white bean bag as well beside my desk, and a pile of boxes opposite of it.

It was basically my dream room.

I start looking at the boxes as I reach over to them and pull one of them out. It was my maroon converse shoe box, but I kept it. I open it and see the 7,000$ stacked inside in an organised way. I was saving this since I was 8 years old, always believing that I will travel to Rio De Janeiro when I grow up and I'll watch football matches there and I'll go sightseeing and dancing in festivals. It has been my dream since forever now. But, now, I won't be able to do it. I sigh as I look at it. I'm giving this money soon away. To Noah. I sigh as I close the box and put it back on the other boxes. Some of them carry my valentine cards since 4th grade. Some carried my diaries from when I was at Middle School. I was a drama queen. My thoughts were cut off due to my phone ringing and I head over to see it's Noah.

"Hello?" I say as I pick up.

"Sunshine, how the hell did you agree to this?" He says laughing.

"What?" I say, confused.

"How the hell did you agree to let Zach dye his hair? He looks ridiculous." He says laughing yet again as I hear a whimper on the other side.

"Hey! It's not that bad. Hi Lexi!" I hear Zach's voice. I laugh a bit.

"Am I on speaker?" I say, still laughing.

"Yup!" I hear Aiden's voice this time.

"Yeah, they practically tied me to the chair and took my phone just so they could call you, which is by the way, really mean guys! You are supposed to be my friends, untie me right now!" He says and I laugh.

"But, wait, why didn't they call me from Zach's phone? He has my number." I say.

"Oh, I hadn't thought of that- ow!" He mumbles but then I hear a slap and him saying 'ow'.

"You literally are stupid." Aiden says and I can just imagine him rolling his eyes at Zach who is probably just grinning stupidly.

"Well, is there a real reason for this call?" I say "I have a slight headache." I add.

"Oh, are you okay, Lexi?" Zach says, trying not to sound so worried but failing miserably.

"Dude, if I didn't know you for 5 or so years, I would've said you liked her." Aiden whispers but I still hear him.

"No, dude, she's like my sister." Zach replies.

"Yes, I am okay, it's just a slight headache. I'll just sleep it off. So, is there anything?" I say.

"Well, practically no. But, that doesn't mean that we'll just not call, duh!" Zach says and we all laugh.

"Oh, and what is the next plan, Noah?" I say.

"Oh, yeah, right, I need you to be ready by 8:30 tonight." He says.

"What? Why?" I say.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He says, and I bet he is smirking smugly.

"I hate you." I say.

"Come on, Sunshine. You don't mean that." He says in mock hurt.

"Yeah, right, okay, I'll see you tonight. But I really need to go now." I say, seeing it was already 6:30 pm.

"Okay, bye Sunshine."

"Bye." I say, then pull the phone away from my ear.

"Okay, guys, now untie me-" he starts yelling and I chuckle as I hang up. I hear the front door open and I throw my phone on my bed and head to the stairs. I reach the kitchen as I see mom staring at the photo hanged on the fridge. I sigh, it was a photo of dad sitting with mom on the grass and I was baby, sitting on both of their legs. Mom was smiling at me and dad was smiling at the both of us, it was an amazing moment. She looks at me as she hears me and smiles as she looks back at the photo.

"Remember that? It was the first time to take you to a park, you kept laughing at every butterfly there. It was before the accident by 2 years. It is a beautiful memory, and, memories never die, right?" She says as her eyes fill with tears. I rush to her and pull her into an embrace as she starts crying.

"Please don't leave me, Lex, please." She says, her voice sounding too broken. She shouldn't have to have to go through that. She shouldn't have been a single mom at all. She should have him and me and we would live like a happy family. I pull away and look straight into her bloodshot eyes.

"Promise me you'll be strong." I say seriously.

"Lex-" she starts.

"I said, promise." I say sternly.

"I promise." She says as she looks at me with a sad smile and hugs me again.

She should have never gone through pain.I should have never gone through pain. No one should.

I should have not inherited the cancer gene from him.

But that didn't happen.

Cause now I am going to die, just like he died.

I am coming father, don't worry, we're twinning deaths.