(21)

This is literally written in one hour so bear with me, okay?
.......................

I couldn't sleep at all.

All that was swarming around my head was the sight if blood yesterday and that June almost knows my secret.

I contemplated on calling Derek but I ignored it.

It was already 11 AM and I had the worst headache ever. It literally sucked. Mom was downstairs already awake and walking around. I get up from bed and brush my hair, seeing it fall more than ever. My eyes widen at the hair brush full of blonde hair. I gulp before I throw it to the ground and rush out of the room and down the stairs. Mom was downstairs with her usual coffee as she smiles at my arrival. Her smile vanishes at the sight of my frightened face as she stands up warily.

"What's wrong?" she says.

"I think we should go visit Derek." I say after a gulp.

"Why?" she says.

"I'll tell you there." I say. She purses her lips and nods with a reassuring yet worried smile. I smile back slightly as I go back upstairs.

"Be ready in 20." She shouts from downstairs.

"Okay." I shout back as I rush to the shower. Avoiding looking in the mirror for my self esteem I get inside and take the fastest 10 minutes shower ever. I get out and wear maroon till-the-ankle sweatpants and a white t shirt along with my white converse. I put my hair in a messy bun and take my phone before going downstairs. Mom was already waiting with her hair in a messy ponytail and an outfit similar to mine except it was indigo sweatpants this time. I smile when I reach her.

"We're matching!" I say. She laughs as she bites into her granola bar. She throws me an apple with a look saying 'Eat or you're dead'. I sigh and take a bite as we go to the car. Soon enough, we were in front of the hospital again, it seems like just yesterday we were here even though we were here 11 days ago. I get out of the car as mom rushes in and to the receptionist. I sit on a chair in the waiting room for about 5 minutes before I see Derek heading at us with his clipboard and doctor's robe. He comes at me and pulls me into a hug and then greets mom. He takes us to his office before he sits us down.

"So, what's up?" he says looking at mom. Mom sighs and shrugs then looks at me. I sigh and tell them about everything; the vomiting, the fever that lasted 4 and ½ days and the hair loss. Derek sighs and looks at me.

"I can't say anything till we get you to do an MRI scan." He says. I pale a bit.

"But, they are so expensive." I say. Mom groans.

"Baby, stop thinking about the expenses we have money, okay?" she says as she nods at me in an assuring way. I sigh and nod at Derek. He grabs a schedule and looks at it then slumps back.

"I don't have any free time except on 11th July; after 10 days, seeing we are on the 1st." he says. I nod understandingly at him as he writes my name at the bottom of the schedule.

"Thank you, Derek." Mom says as we go out of the office. He waves his hand dismissively as he hugs me tightly. We get out of the hospital and head to the car.

"Mom, can you drop me off at Zach's?" I ask. She nods at drives beyond our house by 4 blocks. I wave her bye as I get outside, seeing it was already 12:30 PM. I get to the door and knock. I hear a few footsteps and a 'I'm coming.' before the door opens revealing a disoriented, shirtless Zach. When he sees me, he smiles widely and hugs me tightly.

"Lexi! Hey, how are you?" he says. I shrug.

"Nothing, just scheduled an MRI scan for 11th July at the hospital." I say as I take off my converse and get in the living room. He hums sadly as he grabs a t shirt from the laundry room and sits beside me.