Jealousy

"Mommy? Daddy?" a small voice asked "Can I sleep here tonight?"

Serena sat up and saw her two-year old standing near the door holding his squirtle plushy and a scared expression on his face. "I think there's a gastly in my room".

Serena smiled "Gastly or not, you can always sleep here." Smiling, Aiden hopped onto the bed and landed right on Ash's outstretched arm.

That's when Ash woke and letting out a yelp of pain, he pulled his hand back to examine it and saw Aiden being hugged by Serena, both of them peacefully asleep.

Grunting, Ash turned to face the side of the bed and tried getting some sleep. Eventually he drifted off.

For the next ten minutes it was completely silent. Just the three of them and Pikachu, who was asleep in a basket at the bottom of their bed. There was absolutely no noise outside either.

But this serenity was soon disturbed by Ash letting out a "Ow!"

He had been kicked in his butt. He jerked himself around to something he had least expected to see; Aiden was back into Serena's arms.

His jaw dropped. How had Aiden managed to kick him AND then magically get back into the default position?

He slowly frowned as he saw Serena giving Aiden little rubs on the back and then it deepened even more when Aiden got a kiss on the forehead.

No it's not what you think it is. He WAS NOT jealous of Aiden. I mean a pokemon master, has much more important things to worry about than the fact that his wife had given more attention to his son.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Okay he was jealous. Straight up, full on jealous. It was simply not fair. There he was getting hugs and kisses while he was getting kicked in the butt.

Where was his hug?

Where was his kiss?

Mumbling his disapproval to the whole situation, he shut his eyes and decided to sleep, instead of ranting away in his head.

This time Ash managed to get a full 30-minutes of sleep. Luckily he had spent that valuable period of time very wisely, because in just a few minutes it was going to get wrecked completely.

Just when Ash thought he was having the time of his life, he got kicked.

But not just your normal kick. It was a kick at his ummm.....'You-know-where'.

He shot his eyes open in shock, but had to shut them again, because it was too painful.

He let out a groan.

One, because it hurt like crazy and two, because in that split second he had opened his eyes he saw Aiden back in Serena's arms being slowly stroked on the back.

How he had managed to do it was anybody's guess but Ash knew one thing. If it continued on like this, it was going to be a looong night.

Yes, a long with 3 'O s'.