Love

"She means the world to you Ash and you don't even know it"  Ash remembered Brock say.

"How about over there Ash?" Serena asked "There aren't many people there, it looks like the perfect place to stretch and relax for a bit, don't you think?"

After arriving at Pewter city with Serena. The two of them went to meet Brock at the gym. While Serena was getting herself refreshed with a quick bath, Ash was downstairs with Brock. The weird feelings he had been having lately, he poured them all out.

Ash looked up to where she was pointing. It was a bench, right at the tip of the slope they were climbing.The day was almost done and the whole of nature's masterpiece was dyed a pretty orange color. The path they were walking on was at an elevation. Thousands of feet underneath, at the the foot of the mountain was a river. The sight was really beautiful.

"It's perfect Serena" he replied.

"Pi-Pikachu"

"Her happiness means your happiness, her sadness means your sadness. All those times she smiles or laughs and all those butterfrees in your stomach; they are related. She is the reason for your joy, Ash, she is the exact reason you find yourself smiling at random times."

Once they reached, Pikachu hopped off Ash's shoulder and headed to the edge of the slope. The pokemon smiled, happily taking in the warm rays of the Sun.

"It's really pretty, isn't it?" Serena asked, sitting down on the bench. "MmHm" Ash nodded, sitting down beside her "It really is"

Serena closed her eyes, she placed her clasped hands down on her lap and rested her head on the back of the bench. She smiled "Today was a pretty amazing day" she said "I just wish every single day could be as amazing as this"

"You may not know it, but you feel it; You feel it deep in your heart that you need her Ash. You tell me all the time that all those gym badges and even your win in the Kalos league was because of her. You told me she's an amazing companion, she's loyal and trustworthy, she cares deeply for you and always keeps your best interests in mind and that she's one of your very best friends"

"Yeah" Ash said "I meant every single word of it"

"But that's where you are wrong Ash" Brock said, earning a confused look from Ash "She means more than a friend to you"

Ash turned to look at Serena. She was smiling to herself and was looking extremely happy. Brock's words were ringing in his ears "You're in love with her Ash"

"Umm Serena" he asked "Can I ask you a question?"

Opening her eyes, she turned to look at Ash "Fire away!"

"What exactly is love to you?"

Serena found herself turning red. The answer was asking her the question. Trying not to blurt out Ash's name she said "Love is different to different people. For some it might be silent, while for others it's through actions. If you love someone, you'll be ready to do anything for them. You'll be ready to sacrifice anything just to see them smile. They're very important to you. Love has different forms. One like it's with your family or love that makes you wanna marry them" She looked down, blocking her blush from Ash's view.

"If that's the case, then I love you Serena" Ash said "It's love that makes me wanna marry you"

A/N-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dat meme tho 😂