Hugs Always Help

There was probably anything Serena would give to be allowed to slap the dude, the one with the black jeans, the black sleeveless shirt and a very huge ego, right across the face. One reason included his severe denial to the freezing temperature - it was 10 degrees for crying out loud - and the other was the fact that he just won.

No, she wasn't being a sour loser and desperately trying to defend Ash, it was just that Lars, that was the dude's name, was an annoying prick. Not only did he think he was amazing, he treated his pokemon horribly. And that annoying smirk, especially, ticked her off.

"You're so predictable, man" Lars said, turning around to leave the battle field "It was a really lame battle" He flicked his over-gelled hair and flounced off.

Serena pursed her lips and looked at Pikachu who was looking up at Ash in worry "Pikapi...." he muttered. The Pokemon Center's battle field went back to being cold and desolated; only this time Ash wasn't smiling. Serena dropped her bag, which she was clutching, and stomped across to him; she wasn't planning to let someone like Lars be the cause of Ash's sadness.

She cleared her throat making Ash look away from Talonflame's pokeball, and at her. Without a single verbal exchange, she hugged him. Opened her arms and threw it around him; plain and simple. Her face was stuffed in his jacket and her hands were trembling even though they were firmly gripped on his back. "It doesn't matter" she said, her words slightly muffled "Lars won; big deal; he thinks he's amazing bu-"

Ash smiled and hugged her back, cutting her short. She stopped, realizing only then that she was rambling. "Thank You, Serena" he said, making her smile in relief.

"See?" Serena said, looking up at him "Hugs always help"

~¤~

Usual afternoons are supposed to be sunny and look-at-all-the-happy-pokemon kind of thing; but winter always has other plans.

Evil plans.

A few moments after Ash and Serena entered the Pokemon Center, a violent blizzard began spurring outside. The snow filled, freezing temperature was in complete contrast to Nurse Joy's warm smile which ushered all trainers back to their heated rooms.

So, that's were they were; in their rooms, bundled up in blankets with the only other noise, apart from the howling of the wind, (which was basically, Mother Nature going all 'BWAHAHAHA!!') being the water kettle slowly purring in the back.

Pikachu was fast asleep and the teeny corner of Ash's fluffy blanket was enough to keep the electric-type warm. But the case wasn't the same for Serena, who was on her fourth sneezing fit, even after being wrapped up in the very huge, extra-fluffy, 'Never be cold again!', 100% Mareep-wool blanket.

"You sure you're okay?" Ash asked, smiling out of amusement. 'Smiling out of amusement' was just a polite term for his pathetic attempts at trying to hold in his laughter.

Serena sniffed and pulled her blanket tightly around herself. She pouted "Id's nod funny Ash" she complained, sniffing again. "Id's cold and I can'd handle id. Thad's all" she added, with a huff.

Ash sighed and slowly and carefully, he pulled the blanket off, not wanting to disturb Pikachu's slumber, and made his way to Serena's bed. The girl looked up at him, her eyes following his face till he sat down beside her.

"Whad happe-?" her words froze in her mouth.

He picked one end of the blanket and throwing it around himself, wrapped his hand around Serena's shoulder, pulling her closer. Boyfriend or not, her face went up a few shades, surpassing the color on her cold-ridden nose. The shock quickly disappeared, and smiling she placed her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Better?" Ash asked, wrapping his hand around her free one.

She nodded, feeling all comfy and warm and happy "Mmhm"

"It's just like you said" Ash continued, resting his head on hers "Hugs always help"

A/N~~~

This book hit 20K reads.

20K?

20K.

20K?!

OHMYGOD 20K!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you sooooo much.

OH MY ARCEUS THIS IS CRAZY!!!

I know I don't update very frequently, but you dealt with it and showered all of your sweet words and votes. :') Thank You so so much.

I can't believe I've gotten this far, I mean, 200 followers and 20 K on a book, it's crazy! And it's all thanks to you guys. >0<

What's even more crazy is that this book almost has 1K votes; and that's the number of reads I freaked out a few months back. WOAH! I still can't believe it and I keep smiling like a goof every time I think about it. >w<

I love all of you; you're all amazing. And I just wanna hug every single one of you (one-shot title: coincidence? I think not! :P XD) So, once again a very very huge thank you for all the love and support.

ARIGATOU GOISAIMAS!!

Okay, time for some shameless promo: Ketchum Kid is two chapters in! I'd love it if you'd read it.

Any who, till the next one-shot - Toodles <3

P.S: I know, it hit 20K a while ago, but I wanted to thank you with a one-shot and I procrastinated. Sowwy...