Brock's guide to being a perfect Boyfriend

A/N- This is sorta like a part-2-prequel-thing of my one-shot Love. If you haven't read that, this might be slightly confusing.

------------------------------------------------

"So...I just tell her that?" Ash asked, eagerly smiling from his place behind his desk.

Brock nodded. There was a smile on his tanned face and he was congratulating himself and throwing a frigging party (with only Nurse Joys and Officer Jennys, of course) in his head for achieving the impossible.

Successfully un-densifying Ash.

A feat unthinkable by any human being or pokemon.

Or, so he thought.

"That's great!" Ash exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air "We can finally get married!"

Realization came thundering down on Brock. In fact, it was so intense, he almost lost his balance and fell face first on the tiled floor of his room.

What was he thinking?

Just because, he had managed to explain Ash that he didn't need to die alone because those "weird feelings" he felt were pure love for Serena, he hadn't exactly made Ash an eligible candidate for the role of boyfriend.

Smacking himself mentally a couple of times for his grievous mistake, he concluded that his work with Ash Ketchum was nowhere close to done.

"Forrest!"

Ignoring the startled-out-of-his-skin Ash, he turned to his brother who had obediently came running to his door.

"Current status of Serena?"

"She is in the playroom with the girls busy plaiting their hair"

"Good. Make sure she stays there for another hour or so"

"Will do" Forrest nodded, turned and left the room. He knew the mission his brother was working was as delicate as a heart surgery, one wrong move and the patient's dead. In this case, the surgeon was gonna die.

"How old are you, Ash?" Brock asked, rubbing his temples.

"15" Ash answered. His face was a clear sign of 'what does that have anything to do with anything?'

"As far as I know, people don't get married at 15"

"You're so silly Brock!" Ash said, laughing "I didn't say we're getting married now. I didn't think you were that dumb"

Brock wanted to exchange a look of failing hope to Pikachu, but the pokemon's face was already occupied. It was buried in his paw.

Brock drew a sharp breath "After you tell her how you feel, there is a stage in between Ash" he explained slowly and carefully "This stage ensures that only you and you alone are eligible to marry her"

Ash face went slightly pale "I didn't even think of that" he said "So? W-what is that stage?"

"The boyfriend-girlfriend stage a.k.a a couple"

"But aren't me and Serena already a-"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!"

The boy was taken aback, but before he could ask another mind-numbing dumb question, Brock cut him off.

"What you're referring to, Ash, is girl friend and what I'm referring to is girlfriend, notice the little space in the middle?"

"Uh huh"

"That is the whole entire point. That little space is what separates from being a couple. Once you get rid of that space, you - right after you confess, that is - are her boyfriend and she is your girlfriend. Understand?"