How Mommy and Daddy Met

It was another lazy afternoon and Gary had been left to take care of the younger Ketchum while the rest of them whiled away at a shopping center. It was too hot to play outside, so the two of them were cooped up inside and were seated on the dining table.

It took about 14 minutes and 32 seconds for the seven year old to get bored.

"Uncle Gary?"

The brunette, the very single one, who was lazily scrolling through social media, looked up at Amber. "Hmm?"

"You were friends with Daddy before he got married, right?"

"Yeah" he replied, putting his phone down.

"Do you know how they started dating?"

Gary blinked, his eyebrows knitting in confusion "You're seven. How do you even know what that means?"

She glared at him.

"Okay. So there was this summer camp-"

"I know that part." She pouted "Tell me what happened after mommy left for Hoenn"

Gary's eyes dilated, his face morphing into one of a poet's; he inhaled sharply and slowly took her hand "It is a sad, sad story..."

~~~
Ash and Pikachu had their gaze too fixed on the smoothie stand to pay any attention to Gary's fangurl-ish rambling. But because they knew he was talking, Ash gave him the occasional 'mhm' and 'cool'.

Though honestly, Gary couldn't care less. He was in his fantasy world, about his date, for much too long. It was 4 in the evening and the two of them were standing infront of 'Sandy's Smoothies' and in contrast to Gary, Ash was more than willing to make any one of the aforementioned smoothies his life partner.

Gary looked up at the sky, his hair was dramatically flowing in the wind and he had his hands clasped over his chest "She might be extraordinarily beautiful", he suddenly proclaimed; in his mind an orchestra had begun to play.

"Yeah" Ash said, drooling at the menu.

"This might be it." Gary threw his hands up "This might be the time that I'll finally end my days of being agonizingly single"

Ash was staring at the pictures on the card and all he heard was 'Ashy dear, I think I would fancy that blueberry shake. In fact I think I have fallen. Fallen in love, I say! ' and so he replied with "Good for you, Gary"

The only non-delusional person there was the lady behind the stand, who stared in utter amusement. Gary swung his right hand to begin another proclamation, when he unintentionally made eye contact.

She smiled and popped a thumbs up "All the best!"

Meanwhile, barely a mile away another conversation was taking place, this time in a car. This was between two young ladies whose friendship was at the ripe age of just 3 months. The brunnette behind the steering wheel was glowing in excitement, wheras the latter had a face in pure contrast to it.

"How did you talk me into this?"

"Dont be so sour, Serena!" Emma snapped "I'm doing this for your own good"

"That is very thoughtful of you, but can I go back home"

Emma grinned "Nope. Too late"

The car, the two of them were seated in, turned into an empty parking spot and a Serena shot out of it. "Huh?! You're not coming?"

"Are you dumb?" Emma asked, shaking her head in disbelief "It's your date, genius"

Thus was not the first time Serena had been thrown into something ridiculous. Scuba diving, parachuting, paragliding, karaoke clubs, random contests, random performances; everything informed to her only an hour prior. And, this blind date was no different.

Serena bit her lip and spun away from the car. She took a deep breath, 'just give it a go; how bad can it be' she reassured herself, and slowly walked towards the smoothie stand where her proposed 'probable life partner', as put in by Emma, was waiting.

Gary, who was leaning against the stand, sweating buckets, found her almost immediately and successfully, without dying because of her adorable she was, led her to the bench which was behind it.

The bench overlooked a lake and with the ships in the distance harmonizing with the wingulls that flew above, the place was perfect for the heart to fall in love. It was so romantic that even I could write a gooey, poetic description of it.

Gary handed her the 'Cotton Candy Fun' and sat down beside her. A second later: A wild Ash Ketchum appeared!

Even though, he was physically 20 years of age, this guy still hadn't properly grasped the whole concept of dating. Pikachu saw Ash walking towards the two and could only  watch in horror; it was already too late to stop him.

He tapped Gary on his shoulder, "I ran out of loose change, can you-"

Serena, who had also turned around, slowly lowered her cup away from her mouth. The two locked eyes.

"Ash?"

"Serena!"

~~~

Amber's eyebrow shot up "So.." she began "You're saying that...."

"Yes! Yes, Amber! Your mom and dad met on my date. MY DATE!"

"Is that why this story is so sad?" she asked, stiffling back a giggle.

"Don't laugh at me".

But Amber had already lost it. She had rolled out of the chair and was on the floor, tears flowing down her face. "How pathetic.." she choked, giggling uncontrollably.

Yes, incredibly pathetic.

A/N~~~
300 followers.

I have 300 followers. 300! 300!!

Ermahgawd waht?!😵 Waht! Ahr yah kidden meh?! How du AI hav 300 follohwurs!?!?

Thank you! Thank you so so much! All of you are awesome and *loses common sense* OMG I LOVE YOU! 😆

Than you for 1K votes and comments and all the support. And thank you for tolerating my laziness and very "regular" updates.

And honestly, I have no proper reason for my absence. I was lazy and my real life was being directed by someone who specialized in the category of sick humor. Some times I laughed, but most times it was the spectators. So, yeah.

But here I am. I finally posted a one-shot. Yes, it was after a century. But I posted it.

And I hope you enjoyed it.

Ennyhoo, until next time - toodles <3

P.S: U guys are so funny. The comments that you leave are hilarious! XD