The Ribbon

Serena cast another nervous look at the door. It stayed shut just like all the other times. With each passing minute the girls, that meant even Shauna and Dawn, were growing anxious.

"Are you sure-"

"He'll be back with the dress." Serena cut Dawn short "And it will be in one piece". She placed her hand on her heart "Ash would've told me if something had happened to it"

Dawn shot a look at Shauna, who gave her the similar look. She shrugged "You're the bride"

The moment the alarm went off, Gary and Brock dragged Ash away, saying something along the lines of 'There's so many things left to do' and Serena didn't even mind objecting as she was blissfully taken away by the girls. She was practically hovering; it was her wedding day, after all.

She didn't even object when Ash said he wanted the wedding gown for a bit.

With only three hours left, the dress still hadn't returned and time was ticking away. When Shauna started complaining about how insufficient the time would be to do her hair and everything, Misty and Miette ran off to get the dress. They still weren't back.

Dawn was about to fling her bag across the room in rage, when someone knocked on the door. The three jumped and Serena threw it open. Luckily, it was Miette and Misty, panting and gasping for air, the latter holding the bag with the dress with it.

Sighing in relief, Serena took the bag inside and took the dress out. While the two collapsed onto the chairs, she slowly spread it out onto the bed and began checking it for any damage. She was about to turn it around to check for any crumples, when something blue caught her eye.

"Huh?"

She saw the blue ribbon tied exactly the way it was when they were little. It was sewed onto the dress's top part right under where the sleeve ended. It might have been slightly old, but suddenly she couldn't  imagine the dress without it being there.

It looked perfect. The 'date' and everything that happened that day, replayed in her mind. The gifts, the train ride, the prize and finally the tree.

A tear rolled down her nose and fell on the the net covered dress. It traveled for a bit,before soaking the material. She picked it up and hugged it, the 'awws' in the back being completely ignored.

Oh Ash.

A/N--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merp ^w^