^0^ | Happy Amourshipping Day! | ^0^

The elaborate race course, the decorations and the annoying narrator's overly positive speech, made our beloved XY gang screech to a halt at the "ANNUAL ROLLERSKATING CHAMPIONSHIP - BEST FRIEND EDITION, KALOS".

The humongous poster with its gaudy colors and a that's-a-name-worse-than-what-Clemont-comes-up-with title, wasn't a stay-away sign for Ash, who squealed in joy, the minute he laid eyes on it. Talk about love at first sight.

Bonnie's eyes fell on the words 'Must enter as a pair', but before she could do anything about it, Clemont's hand was already up:

"How about the two of us, Ash?"

Oh no, you don't.

She collapsed on the bench, a few feet away from the registration counter and dramatically placed her hand on her forehead. She went into a ferocious coughing fit, and slowly muttered the dreaded words - they were dreaded for Serena, at least - "I don't think I'm all that well, Clemont" she paused and coughed for an added effect, and then added "Maybe Serena should go. Don't you think?"

The honey blonde's eyes shot open at her name, "Wha-?" But before she could comprehend anything, Clemont got dragged away to the seats and things only made it into her foggy head, when she saw the wink and the smirk on Bonnie's face.

The lady at the registration counter looked up at Ash and Serena and with a slightly amused look, wrote down their names on the sheet. When they turned their backs she drew a heart in between.

The announcer stood on the sidelines beside the contestants and explained them the rules. "This race has three legs" he began "For the first and the third leg our beloved participants will hold hands to ensure that they make it across the finish line together; however, during the second one they are allowed to let go"

"There's only one simple rule - do not leave the race track" he added, "Is that clear?"

"YEAH!"

Ash looked at her and held out his hand, making Serena's knees go wobbly. She placed her palm on his and within seconds her heart and all her insides turned to goo. Pretty normal stuff, if you ask me.

A loud yell was heard from the cheering crowd and the two of them looked up at the bleachers. They found Clemont and Bonnie- because of the latter's excited waving- Pikachu was on her lap, and Dedenne and Squishy were sitting on Clemont's head, all of them, frantically cheering. Serena could only give them a weak smile, which was in contrast to Ash's yell and wave.

The gun went off with a bang (scaring the announcer - the dude holding the gun, in the process) and the contestants sped off. Even though she was holding hands with Ash and even though, she was blushing like an idiot, she managed to fare very well. She was afraid, in the beginning, that she wouldn't be able to keep up with Ash, but she soon found herself gliding along smoothly with him. It wasn't long before the two were speeding up really close to the contestants who were in first place.

Bonnie was about to stand up and yell out a cheer when she got interrupted by an "OHMYGOSH, THEY'RE SO CUTE!" Her sharp ears picked up the sentence which replicated the one in her head and she spun around to face the seat behind, which was where the statement came from, only to find it occupied by some girls who were about Clemont's age. Bonnie's face split into a smile.

"Who exactly were you talking about?" Bonnie asked, plastering a sweet smile on her face.

The one in the middle, with the striking green hair, pointed at the race course and at a decibel loud enough to wake a Snorlax, she said "THOSE TWO, OF COURSE! THE CUTE GUY AND HIS GIRLFRIEND!"

Clemont, who was silently observing, shook his head at their ignorance and silently spoke up "They're not-" He almost got his teeth smashed by Bonnie's face-clamp which successfully shut him up.