Braixen's busted!

The XY family had stopped to rest and had found a perfect spot alongside a river. People and pokemon were sprawled on the grass, taking in the sounds, the fresh air and slowly getting rid of the stresses of life.

Braixen was sitting under a tree, watching her trainer talking to the love of her life a good distance away from where she was sitting. In response to something Ash said, Serena broke out a giggle, which turned into a full-fledged laugh and then it abruptly stopped and turned into a blush.

"Your laugh is so pretty, what an adorable laugh or some different forms of that. Don't you think? " a voice interrupted her thoughts. It was Pikachu.

Nodding in agreement Braixen replied " Yup, it must be something like that. Any word of praise is enough to make Serena turn red as a tomato-berry."

"Her crush is so obvious that it's a mystery your trainer has absolutely no clue" she added.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Pikachu asked " Because if Ash knew, I wouldn't know what he would do"

"Probably a good thing. At least it is for Serena"

"You may not know this, but Ash's denseness goes way beyond"

"You mean, other's girls  have had crushes on him ?"

Pikachu nodded" But it's not only that" he said "Ash is dense in the field of romance too i.e. he doesn't get the whole deal of love when it comes to the opposite gender"

"Is that even possible?" Braixen quizzed. No one had to explain it to her, even as a Fennekin, she got the whole deal of romance, so how was it possible that a boy, almost a teenager, had no clue about it.

"For Ash it is" Pikachu said "So even if he had any romantic interest in anybody, he would have no clue that he was in love and would do absolutely nothing about it"

"But Serena's actions should at least slightly confuse him right" Braixen reasoned "I mean is it normal for anyone to look at you and turn red in the face"

"He's not that dumb, it does confuse him. But he shrugs it off."

"So you mean to say that if Serena does come and confess to him, he won't get it right?"

"Unless someone explains it to him, that is"

Braixen smiled and for a moment they were just staring at the sky in a very pleasant silence and were slowly contemplating the absurd denseness of a certain human being they knew.

"But you know what" Braixen said, still not looking away from the sky "I've had so much fun travelling with the lot of you. Meeting Sylveon and Pancham was one thing, but meeting everyone else was awesome, I don't want it to end."

Usually  a response to something cheesy like that would be an equally cheesy response but instead of "I don't want it to end either", like Braixen had expected, she earned a "What a pathetic liar".

She turned around to see Pikachu looking at her with a very smug face. "You know what I appreciate the most about Serena" he said "It is the fact that she never ever denies her crush"

Braixen eyes widened as the realization slowly dawned upon her, she knew exactly what Pikachu was talking about.

Blushing and turning away Braixen said "W-what are y-you talking about?"

"Just why Serena wants to keep travelling with Ash, I know you have reasons too"

Pancham, who was sunbathing a few feet away heard this and looking up in confusion he asked "You have a crush on Ash? That is very weird and plus I thought you had a thing for Gre-" Before he could utter the doomed words, Braixen pranced up and cupped his mouth while sending a death-glare and muttering "Shut up or consider yourself dead"

Slightly shaking, Pancham scooted away on his butt, clearly not wanting to get this fire-type all mad. But this conflict had already grabbed everyone's attention, which included Serena, who stormed up to her and gave her a scolding.

While giving Pancham a forced apology, Braixen saw, from the corner of her eyes that Greninja was staring at the whole scenario. As soon as she finished the fake "I'm sorry, I won't repeat it and I will never hurt you like that again", she crawled all the way to where Pikachu was sitting.

Putting her head in her paws she sobbed "He saw me Pikachu, now he probably thinks I'm a loser."

"It's okay" Pikachu said, patting her feet "Atleast you're not lying anymore"

----------------------------------------------

"Dammit. You think I stared at her too much" Greninja said "What if she thinks I'm a creep?"

Luxray shook his head "You are freaking out too much" he said "Calm down, take a chill pill dude"

A/N---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh love, you are such a wonder aren't you?