Gary Mother-effing Oak

Me likes to censor shtuff. You all know what I intended to say, right?

And I'm sorry for being dead for a while. Had my FATs i.e stupid useless pain in the butt tests for a week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were many reasons which could explain Ash wanting to go to Prof. Oak's lab. He could meet all of his pokemon, introduce Serena, Clemont and Bonnie to all of them and, here comes the best part, Gary was there.

No, it's not what you're thinking, Ash doesn't have any intentions to run all teary eyed to Gary and hug him while going on and on about how he missed him. NO. Ew!

Okay, he may not have exactly won the Kalos League, but he did get second place and eight shiny badges. He could totally wave at least those in front of the brunette, grinning widely and smugly talk about his outstanding achievement. They were old rivals, it would be unnatural NOT to do it.

But today, Ash was trying to find every possible reason to stay away from it. The reasons included a summer camp and his relation with a certain honey-blonde girl. After getting kicked in the shin by a very pissed off Bonnie, who couldn't wait to see the lab, he had to go.

However, upon meeting and introducing all of them to Gary, Ash had successfully managed to avoid any discussion about the summer camp; actually, more honestly, it had never been brought up.

Until now.

"Aren't you a tad bit curious about why Gramps and your Mom have gone out shopping?" Gary asked, gulping down the biscuit "And also, why are you so quiet Ashy-boy?"

Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and Pikachu had the very same doubt. This wasn't the Ash they knew and loved. They got even more confused when Ash said "I am curious. Just slipped my mind"

He was the guy who had rambled about Prof. Oak, when Clemont mentioned him. He literally had stars in his eyes, almost looked like he was fangurlin'.

Gary shrugged it off and taking another sip of juice, he said "They were planning out the summer camp they want to set up. Some problem with the catering, apparently."

Bonnie's eyebrows rose, only dropping to morph into her smiling face "Isn't that how Ash and Serena met?!" she yelled, hopping off her chair.

Dunn dun dunnnnnnn~

Ash's dropped head snapped up and Gary stared at him, confusion scribbled all over him "Wait a sec" he said "There is not a single summer camp you have gone to that I haven't."

Even more confused, he asked, looking at Serena "What's going on?"

"Its nothing" she replied, smiling "At one of those summer camps, you and Ash went to, I was there too"

"You know, the girl with the really huge straw hat"

A few blinks was all it took, for Gary to get all the memories back. Reluctantly, he pushed away the voice in his head that kept saying 'Wow. Look at her. You'll be forever alone if you let her slip away. She's super cute Gary. ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING??!?!?!' and shot a dangerous smirk at Ash, making the boy push his chair away from the table.

When Gary got up to go to the bookshelf, Ash got up. He was out of the door and into the back garden, when Gary returned to the table with a photo album.

"What's wrong with him?" Bonnie asked, frowning.

"Pika?!" the pokemon joined in.

Gary only flipped roughly through the book ad rested only the last picture. He tapped the picture, flipped his hair with a "Take your time digesting this. I'll be back" and walked off to deal with Ketchum.