Hogwarts

A/N: I do not own Harry Potter or any scenes that come from it.

***

Chapter 3: Hogwarts

The next morning, I was hurried out of bed by my parents. This was the day Emily and I would make the trip to Hogwarts. We met up with the Weasleys next door. Mrs. Weasley had ordered five taxis to take us all to the train station. My sisters and I crammed into the back of one of them. It wasn't a very pleasant ride.

Eventually, we all made it to King's Cross, the strain station where we would find the Hogwarts Express. I was skeptical that witches and wizards could board a train unnoticed; surely suspicion would be raised. I gasped when I suddenly saw Fred and George walk through a wall. How did they do that?!

Ginny laughed at my expression. "That's how you get to the train, see? It's Platform 9 ¾. It's easy."

"Well, let's go on, girls," Dad said.

I blinked. Were they serious? What if I broke my face into pieces?

"I'll go with you if you want me to," Ginny offered.

I nodded. Ok. I could do it. I took a deep breath before running with Ginny through the wall. I let out a sigh of relief upon not knocking my head off. I looked around my surroundings in surprise. There were numerous wizards and witches with their families. The Hogwarts Express was magnificent. I turned around as the rest of my family appeared.

"Have fun, girls," Dad said.

"Make sure to write," Mom added.

I smiled. "We will." I looked at my youngest sister. "Goodbye, Lizzie."

"Goodbye," Lizzie said. She stepped up to me and gave me a hug. She did the same to Emily.

I hugged each of my parents. Then I turned to the Weasleys. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Weasley! Thanks for everything!"

Mrs. Weasley smiled. "It was our pleasure. You better get on the train now."

"Goodbye," I said one last time. Emily and I scrambled with our luggage to board the train.

"Come sit with us, mates," Fred said.

Emily and I followed Fred and George into a compartment. There was already a boy inside of it. He had dark skin and dreadlocks. Fred sat next to him and across from George. I sat in between George and my sister.

"Hello, guys," the boy said. "Who are these ladies?" He looked at us curiously.

"They're our new friends from America, Crystal and Emily Hansen," Fred introduced us. "Our dads were friends at Hogwarts."

The boy smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'm Lee Jordan. What year are you two in?"

"Fourth," I said.

"First," Emily said more quietly.

"Don't worry, you'll love Hogwarts," George said.

"What house are you hoping to get in?" Lee asked. "I'm in Gryffindor."

Emily shrugged. "I don't really know much about the houses."

"No problem," Lee said. "I'll explain them to you. Gryffindor is defined by courage, loyalty and noble deeds. Hufflepuff values hard work, tolerance, loyalty and fairness. Ravenclaws are very intelligent and love learning. And then there's Slytherin." George and Fred let out hisses. Lee waved them off. "They're ambitious, cunning, and power-hungry."