Chapter 1

I smirked as I got off of the plane. My new life in Portland starts today. My brother's worst nightmare is about to come true. He abandonded me and then kept me from coming to Portland. He is the reason why I became cold.

You see after my mom and step-dad died, the only person I had left was my brother, Ryder. I was only fifteen when he left for Portland to start his own gang. Though Ryder isn't the reason why I came here, my real father is the reason. I want to kill the bastard for raping my mom and impregnating her with me.

My step-dad was furious at the bastard, but he decided to take me in as his own. My father had no clue about my existence. Well that was until I turned ten years old. Out of spite he decided to kill my mom and dad.

So I planned everything out. I had applied to the same college that Ryder and his friends are attending. Lucky for me Ryder is out of town for a few days, giving me some time to settle in at college and my new apartment.

After retrieving my bags I hailed a cab to take me to the hotel I'll be staying at.

It feels weird being away from London. This is my first time in another city, but I must say Portland is definitely a place I will call home, even if I wouldn't admit it to anybody.
I would be staying at a four star hotel since I have the money to afford it. I had inherited a lot of money so you can say I am practically loaded, but I would never spend money on unesacarry stuff.

I walked up to the lady who is working behind the front desk, leaving my face clear of any emotion.

"How may I help you?" The lady asked politely.

"Yes I rented a penthouse suite under the name Mason." I replied.

"Right, here is your room card." She said handing me a key card to me and quickly stopped me before I could walk away. "You know Mason is a popular name around here." She said suspiciously.

"So I've heard." I replied with a slight smirk.

My room is of course on the top floor since I wanted to be up high. I always loved being on high places. Once I got to my apartment I headed straight for my room and started unpacking. Only after I unpacked I remembered that I needed to go shop for some new weapons, but that can wait until I finish my classes tomorrow.

As I walked over to my now empty suitcase, I spotted an envelope. It is the letter Ryder had left for me after he left. I never opened it. I was never interested in reading his lame excuse for leaving me, because the day he left was the day he became nothing to me.

Every overwhelming emotion in me shattered and dissappeared and I became this cold, heartless bitch.
Ryder knows how I changed. His friends told him after they paid me a visit in London. I had made sure to make their stay a living hell and told them to tell Ryder I'll do the same to him if we ever cross paths again.

Shaking my head I took the letter and threw it into a drawer of the bedside table. All my anger of that day came back and I grabbed my gym bag and went out to find the best gym in town.
I had gotten dressed in yoga shorts, a sports bra and nike shoes before tying my hair into a pony tail. I took all my anger out on a punching bag before moving on to the treadmill.

After tiring myself out I sat down near my gym bag as I drank some water. Sensing somebody looking at me, I stopped drinking and turned to see some guy starring at me curiously.

Glaring at the guy, I flipped him off before going to the changing rooms to get dressed. Luckily when I went back out the guy was gone. Though it made me curious if he was sent to watch me since I have never seen him before.

***********************************
(Edited) Please vote&comment and share my story and please follow me if you want...

Thank you☺.