Chapter 14

A week has passed and I have spent most of my days at the the gym. I haven't really talked to anybody and mostly not Cedric.
Though I have spoken a few words to the girls and sometimes with Edric or Talon, but Cedric has been avoiding me like I'm a plague ever since that day I told him we couldn't be a thing.
So I decided to take all my anger and frustration out on a punching bag everyday. My anger for having a ruthless killer as a father, my anger that he had killed my mom and step-dad, my anger for Ryder abandoning me and my frustration for having feelings for Cedric.
I suddenly screamed as I felt a sharp pain shoot through my hand and fell to my knees as I clutched my left hand to my chest.
"Crap, Dakota" Talon shouted as he rushed to my side. "Come on, we need to get you to the hospital" He said, helping me up and leading me towards his car.
"Wait, my car..." I said just as he took off towards the hospital.
"I'll call someone to take it to the hotel" He said.
"But I have the keys" I said pointing to my gym bag that he had grabbed on his way.
"Then they can come get it at the hospital" He said and I sighed. He knew I was looking for excuses not to go to the hospital.
"Fine, but please do not call Cedric and don't let him find out" I pleaded and he nodded as he started dailing someone.
"Edric, I need you and Blaze to come to the hospital" He paused, listening to what Edric was saying on the other line before he spoke up again. "You'll find out when you get there. Just don't tell Cedric where you are going" He said before hanging up.

I was taken into an x-ray room so they could see if my hand is broken or not.
"Luckily it's just a sprain, it will heal in a few days. Just don't put to much pressure on it" The doctor said after he was done looking at the x-ray and wrapped a tight bandage around my wrist.
"Come on, let me take you home" Talon said and I nodded, following behind him.
Edric and Blaze had been here while I was in the x-ray room, so I didn't see them. They were a little freaked when they heard what happened to me and wanted to call Cedric, but I made Talon beg them not to tell Cedric about anything.

As Talon arrived in front of the hotel building, I told him a quick goodbye before trying to get out of the car, but he grabbed my arm before I could get out.
"You and Cedric can't keep avoiding each other like this. I can see it is driving you both mad" Talon said and I sighed.
"Talon please just try to understand that I am doing this to keep him save" I said making him frown.
"What are you talking about?" He asked.
"I don't want him to get involved in all of this" I said.
"Why?" He questioned.
"Because I won't let him risk his life for me" I said before quickly getting out if the car and heading up to my apartment.
I went into my room and went to stand in front of my full length mirror and stared at my reflection. My eyes looked dull and I had bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. And now there is my sprained wrist. None of this was suppose to happen.

***********************************
Votes and comments?