Chapter 20

I was awoken by the sound of a phone ringing and I groaned, before opening my eyes.
"Sorry, that's my phone" Cedric said, kissing ny cheek before answering his phone. "Hello" He said into the phone.
Cedric suddenly excused himself to go talk in private, making me frown. I sat up from the bed and waited for him to come back into the room.
"Babe, I have to go out. It's an emergency" He said, coming back into the room.
"Why? What's going on?" I asked.
"Don't worry about it. I'll be back in a few" He said, grabbing some clothes from the closet.
"I'll come with you" I quickly said, standing up.
"No, it's fine. I'll see you in a few. I love you" He said, pecking me on the lips, before going to get dressed and leaving.
"I love you too" I muttered, before going to get dressed in some comfortable clothes. I tied my hair into a messy bun, before going downstairs into the screening room.
A few hours later I was still seated in the screeining room when I heard my name being called.
"Dakota" Cedric called out.
"Screening room" I shouted. He walked into the room, looking nervous.
"Before you get mad about what's about to happen, I need you to hear me out" He started.
"What's going on, Cedric?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"There is a very good reason why I am letting this happen" He said, before letting someone else into the room and that someone else is no one other than Ryder.
I immediately stood up, furious that Ryder is here.
"What the hell is he doing here?" I hissed, glaring at both of them.
"Baby, I just need you to listen to your brother. I wouldn't let him in here if it wasn't for a good reason" Cedric said, before excusing himself from the room, leaving me and Ryder alone.
"Why are you here?" I asked coldly.
"You never read this, why?" He asked, holding up the letter that I shoved in the bedside table of my old apartment.
"Where did you get that?" I asked confused.
"Lorraine found it that day when they moved your stuff here. She gave it to Cedric to ask me about it" He said and I nodded.
"I didn't want to read your excuse for abandoning me" I replied answering his first question.
"It was never like that. I never planned to abandon you" He quickly said.
"Then please enlighten me how your so called explanation was suppose to help me" I hissed and he let out a sigh.
"In this letter I explained why I left. I was the one who wanted to kill Arnold" He said and my eyes widened.
"What?" I stuttered.
"I was already pisssed about Arnold raping our mother, but when he killed mom and dad I had to do something. I wanted revenge, but I could never get his attention and when you arrived he knew about you on the first day" He said and I frowned.
"Why didn't you just tell me?" I asked softly.
"Because I didn't want you to get caught up in gang business" He said.
"But you didn't think about what the cause would be if you just left without saying anything?" I asked.
"I know I should've thought about what the consequences would be. I'm sorry Dakota. I shouldn't have left a note explaining why I left, I should've just told you in person" He said. My eyes softened.
"That might have been the best thing to do" I said before going to hug him.
"I'm so sorry sis" He whispered and I smiled.
"It's okay" I whispered. "I forgive you" I said and that's how I spend the rest of my day, talking with Ryder.