Chapter 21

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Cedric asked, sitting down next to me on the couch. He probably just got home, cause he's been gone the whole morning.

"Better than I've felt in years." I told him with a big smile and taking hold of his hand.

"So did talking with your brother help?" He asked, his eyes filled with hope.

"Yes, I did. Even though I am still pissed at you for pulling a stunt like that on me, I am also glad you did that. Ryder explained everything in the letter that he was the one who wanted to kill Arnold and he never meant to abandon me." I said.

An unreadable emotion flashed through Cedric's eyes and I frowned.
"What's wrong?" I asked, scooting closer to him.

"Would you ever want to go back in time where Ryder told you his plan?" He asked. I caught onto what his words meant and gave him a small smile.

"No, I wouldn't." I replied and his eyes widened.

"Why not?" He asked nervously.

"Because then I probably wouldn't have come here and I would've never met you." I said, but he was still confused.

"That meaning?" He questioned.

"If things were different, I wouldn't be sitting here with you. So no, I wouldn't want things to be different. I like my life just the way it is, with you." I told him sincerely.

"Really?" He asked while taking my hands in his.

"Yes. Cedric, before I came here I was this heartless bitch because of what Ryder did and then you came into my life and everything changed. You helped me become a better person again and I love you for that." I told him, not even noticing a tear slipping from my eyes until Cedric whipped it away.

"You're crying." He stated and I nodded while laughing, which made Cedric smile.
"I love you Dakota." He said, reaching to caress my cheek.

"I love you too, Cedric." I told him, before he leaned down to kiss me.
We both pulled away, leaning our heads against each other's and sat there in silence for a while, just looking at each other, until Cedric spoke up.

"Can I ask you a something?" He asked.

"You just did." I joked, but the look on his face told me he was serious. "Sure you can." I quickly said.

"That day when Arnold kidnapped you when you were pointing a gun at him. You told him it wasn't the right time to kill him yet. What did you mean by that?" He asked. I tensed when he asked that question and I let out a sigh.

"In two weeks it will be the day my mom and step-dad were killed. They were killed on May 20th, which will be on Friday..." I said pausing a little.

"And?" Cedric questioned confused.

"I am planning to kill Arnold on the same day my parents were killed." I finished and he nodded.

"Why did you wait so long if you want revenge on Arnold?" He asked.

"Because I needed experience in fighting and using weapons." I replied.

"And where did you gain that experience?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"There is a gang in London who took me in after Ryder left me." I replied and his eyes widened.

"So you also got involved in gangs like your brother?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yup." I replied and he shook his head in amusement.

"Well there's one thing that you and Ryder have in common." He said.

"And also the part about killing Arnold." I added with a grin.

"Why do I love you again?" He teased.

"Because I keep you on your toes and because I am one of a kind." I told him with a smirk, making him roll his eyes.

"I'm going to bed." Was his reply.

"I love you too." I called out as he walked away. The smile didn't want to leave my face and I wasn't complaining.

***********************************
So I changed my writing style a bit since one of my friends asked me to put a little spaces in between paragraphs to make it a little easier to read. So that's why I am dedicating this chapter to my friend AngelFire3018.

I might also edit the whole story bit just to put spaces in between paragraphs and check for any spelling mistakes.

And I am hoping somebody will create a new cover for my story, if any of you want.

Please remember to vote and please leave a comment on what you think of the story and share my story with some of your friends please, I would really appreciate it.

If any of you want to ask something, you can leave a message on my profile or in the comments.

Thank you☺.