Chapter 26

Today is the day. I had gotten up early this morning because I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get everything ready.

"You seem nervous." Cedric said, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"You could say that." I admitted, turning around in his arms to face him.

"I never thought you were the type of girl to get nervous." He said amused, but his face turned serious when he noticed I didn't laugh. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm scared that something will go wrong and that I'll have to live with that guilt forever." I told him

"Nothing will happen. There is nothing to feel guilty off, okay." He said, cupping my face with his hands and I nodded.

"Promise me that nothing will happen to you tonight. Promise me that you won't leave me tonight." I pleaded, gripping his shirt.

"Nothing in this world will take me away from you." He told me, before leaning down to kiss me.

"Okay Romeo and Juliet, break it up. We have to get ready." Shaw said, ruining the moment.

"Really Shaw?" Cedric snapped. Shaw only smirked and I chuckled, pulling Cedric along with me to our room to get dressed.

After everyone got ready, we headed out to the cars and headed in our own directions towards Arnold's safehouse.

As we sat in the car, I saw Edric holding Saige's hand and they looked at each other like they were having a conversation with their minds.

I glanced at Cedric who was gripping the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles starting to turn white. I quickly grabbed his one hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I brought his hand up to my lips and he relaxed a little.

A while later we arrived at our first destination where we have to start walking.

"Is everyone clear on the plan?" Cedric asked as we got out of the cars. Everyone nodded their heads.

Cedric, Edric, Saige, John and I went first, while the other ten stayed behind. They would be joining us when we give them the signal.

"The fences are off." Edric whispered to us. Cedric and Edric quickly and silently cut through the fence and we climbed through. We snuck up to the front entrance and  stood against the wall. John looked at us for the signal and I nodded. He then literally kicked the door open. The noise alarmed the men inside and in seconds there were five men ambushing us.

One of the guys grabbed hold of my arm, but before he could twist it, I kicked him in his stomach and he let go of my arm. I then took the advantage to knock him out.

"Come on, we need to hurry." Cedric said, grabbing my hand. I looked behind me and noticed that our back-up had arrived. I nodded at Cedric and we headed up the stairs where there were people fighting.

I panicked when I saw Chanel being held by her throat by one of Arnold's men and quickly pulled my gun out and shot him.

Chanel sighed and gave me a thankful look. I nodded before Cedric and I went to search for Arnold.

I yelped when I was grabbed from the side and quickly elbowed the guy before shooting him.

Cedric was struggling with two men and I ran and jumped on one of their backs making him lose focus on Cedric. The guy struggled with me on his back, but I kept pressure on his throat until he passed out.

"Are you okay?" I asked Cedric when he took the other guy down.

"Yea, I'm fine. Lets go." He said, grabbing my arm. We took a turn into a big hallway and I screamed when I heard a gun shot go off.

"Cedric." I screamed as I saw him fall to the ground. Outraged, I turned around to look at who the shooter was. There stood Arnold with a arrogant smirk.

"You bastard." I shouted, running up to him and delivering a punch to his face. Arnold quickly regained his balance and let out a sinister chuckle.

"Everybody just seem to die around you." He tauned, hitting a nerve. I glared at him, before launching myself at him.

Arnold delivered a blow to my stomach leaving me gasping for air. He took that advantage to kick my legs out from under me. I saw him pointing the gun towards me and I quickly recovered by kicking the gun out of his hand and then kicking him in his stomach.

I quickly jumped up and I saw him take a knife out. He tried to stab me, but I quickky jumped back.

"Everyone dies around you." He taunted again. That's all it took for me to pull my gun out and shoot him. Unfortunately it only hit his stomach, but he still fell to the ground.

I jumped on him and quickly grabbed the knife from his side. He looked at me with an evil grin.

"You have to admit it. I killed your mommy and daddy because of you, I killed your brother because of you and now your little boy toy is dieing because of you." He hissed and I suddenly snapped. I let out a murderous scream, before plunging the knife into his heart.

I let out a deep breath and sighed when I saw his eyes flutter close. It's over, he's finally dead.

"Dakota." Cedric's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly got up and ran over to Cedric.

"Are you alright?" I asked with teary eyes.

"I'm fine." He said, lifting his shirt to show the bullet proof vest, but I noticed there were two bullet holes and one went through.

"Oh my gosh." I gasped as a sob built up in my throat.

"No baby, look at me. I will be fine, I have a promise to keep." He whispered taking my hand.

"Please don't die." I begged with tears streaming down my face.

"I won't. Baby trust me, I will be fine. I am never leaving you." He told me and I nodded. His eyes started to flutter.

"No, don't close your eyes." I said squeezing his hand. I looked up and sighed in relieve when Shaw and the rest came running towards us.

"Come on Dakota. He will be fine." Shaw said, pulling me away from Cedric.

Edric, Blaze and Talon came to pick Cedric up and carried him out to the car.

"He'll be fine." Shaw whispered and I nodded. I believe him. Cedric won't die, he made a promise.

***********************************

This is not the last chapter yet, there is still one more. Please vote&comment.

Thank you.