Chapter 5

Colton Haynes as Talon
***********************************

I am so happy it's finally weekend. Yesterday I had left everyone confused about the whole being related to Ryder story, so I am glad nobody is around to bombard me with any more questions.
My phone buzzed and I frowned as I received a text from a number I didn't recognize the number.

'Meet us at the mall. C' It read.
'Cedric?' I texted back, confused.
'Yes. Now hurry!' He replied.

Sighing, I took a second to think about his offer. It is Saturday and I have no plans. I grabbed my stuff before heading out to my car and driving towards the mall.
When I got there I spotted Cedric, Edric, Blaze, Talon, Lorraine, Saige and Chanel waiting for me by two cars.
I parked my car and just as I climbed out, I was immediatly pulled into group hug. The hug felt nice, like I actually have real friends. But if I was a real friend I would've already told them what was going on and that I know that they are part of a gang.
"I'm so glad you came. I thought you weren't going to make it" Chanel said and I smiled.
"Well I had nothing better to do" I said with a shrug.
We went inside and headed towards the cinema and I let them decide what to watch.
"Will you help me with the drinks and snacks?" Cedric asked and I slowly nodded before following behind him to buy the stuff.
"Why did you plan that stunt yesterday?" He asked.
"Because I wanted Ryder to see how much I had changed" I replied with a shrug.
"I thought you didn't want anyone to know" He said confused.
"It was all part of the plan. I wanted to make him feel bad in front of the whole campus" I said. Cedric only nodded, not asking any further questions as we got the snacks and drinks before heading to the theater.
It was just my luck that I had to sit next to Cedric. When I tried to go sit on the other side, he pulled me down next to him.
"You know, that almost broke my heart" He feigned hurt.
"That's a shame, I would've enjoyed your heartbreaking sobs" I teased.
Cedric let out a small chuckle and I felt him rest his arms against mine as the light went off, our hand almost touched and I tried to ignore the shivers I got from being so close to him.
"You know we don't have to watch the movie, we can always enjoy ourselves" He suggested.
I only scoffed. "In your dreams, love" I said making him tense when I said love.
After the movie we went to the food court to get some lunch. I actually felt happy happy and content for the first time in years. I have never done any of this before, but I know I shouldn't grow attached. They might get hurt because of me.
"You know, Dakota, the fair is coming into town next week, you should join us" Saige said.
"That sounds fun, really. But I won't be able to make it" I said apologetically.
"Why not?" Cedric asked with a raised eyebrow.
"I just can't" I snapped, avoiding eye contact.
"Excuse him. We didn't mean to pry into anything personal" Edric said politely.
"Well I know see which one of the Knight brothers have more manners" I said giving Cedric a pointed look.
"Why don't we have a movie night next Friday?" Lorraine suggested.
"I'll see if I can make it" I said knowing I wasn't planning on going.
As we ate, Cedric decided to place his one hand on my thigh and I tensed.
"If you still want your hand attached to your arm, I suggest you take it away" I said glaring at him, which only caused him to smirk.
"It's getting late, so I should get going" I said as I gathered my stuff before saying a quick goodbye and heading to my car.

As I arrived at my apartment, I opened the door, only to see a black envelope that was slid under the door with my name on red, bold, cursive letters.
Slowly I reached to pick it up and ripped it open.
'It was quite a surprise when I heard my dearest daugther is in town. I'm sorry that could not deliver the message myself, but I could not risk anything. Two of my men will be over at your college Monday morning to bring you to me. I advise you not to put up a fight, it will make everything worse. A' It read, the A standing for Arnold, my father.
I must say I did not expect this, but it didn't stope the smirk forming on my face.
"Hit me with your best shot" I muttered.