Chapter 27 - Epilogue

'There is nothing I hate more than hospitals,' I thought to myself as I sat in the small hospital room, next to Cedric who is asleep on the hospital bed.

Last night after everything that happened, we rushed to the hospital in a hurry to make sure Cedric lives. We weren't near a hospital, so I was really scared that he would die of all the blood loss, but we were lucky to get here in time.

Cedric had miraculously survived the bullet shot and I have been at the hospital with him ever since he came out of surgery. I have been up the whole night, waiting for him to wake up.

I refused to leave his side to go home and get some sleep. The only time I left his side was to shower, to get dressed in clean clothes and to eat.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt Cedric's hand move and quickly sat up straight.

"Babe," Cedric whispered as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Cedric," I said in shock. I quickly grabbed a glass of water and handed it to him. He carefully sat up and looked at me. "You're alive," I whispered, my voice starting to crack as I spoke.

"I told you I wouldn't die," He said with a grin and I chuckled, pulling him in for a kiss.

"I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose you," I sobbed when we pulled away.

"Baby, don't cry. I made you a promise and I kept it," He said, while giving my hand a reassuring squeeze and I nodded.

"He is finally dead," I said after I sobered up. "He kept taunting me about my parents deaths and my brothers. He wanted me to feel guilty," I said.

"Their deaths weren't your fault, don't ever think you're to blame. The only one to blame is Arnold and he finally got what he deserved," He said and I nodded.

"I know," I said, looking him in the eye. "I'm glad he's finally gone. I am finally free from him and I don't have to worry about him coming into our lives ever again," I said with a small smile.

"So have you decided when Ryder's funeral will be?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I decided to throw his ashes at the place he loved most. Shaw told me that Ryder always talked about this placed we used to go to in London when we were kids, so I decided to throw his ashes there," I told him, smiling sadly.

"I think that's a great idea," He said, while caressing my cheek.

"We decided to fly to London once you're feeling better. Shaw and Lorraine are already there, they decided to move there," I said.

"Well then I am happy for them," He said. A frown suddenly appeared on my face and Cedric looked at me with a questioning look. "What's wrong?" He questioned.

"I've been thinking about something ever since Lorraine and Shaw decided to leave the gang. I want to live my life with you and I want us to start our own family, but I don't want to do that while we're still in the gang. I want us to leave all of this behind and to start somewhere new, where nobody knows us. I am not going to pressure you into making this decision now, but I want us to make it together," I told him. Cedric looked at me with love and pride as a bright smile appeared on his face.

"That's the best idea I have ever heard," He said.

"Really?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, I would love to start a family with you, Dakota. I am already willing to leave the gang behind. I don't want our children to be part of a life like this, I don't want them going through the same things we went through. I want them to have a normal life," He said, which brought a smile to my face.

"I love you so much Cedric," I whispered.

"I love you more Dakota Mason," He said, before pulling me in for a kiss.

The only thought that crossed my mind was that I can't wait to finally start a family with the man I love most in the world, the man who helped me become a better person. He helped me change. I changed for love.

THE END

***********************************

So this is the last chapter of Change for Love. I want to thank everyone who took time out of their day to read my story ( I really appreciated it) and even thought this is the end of my story, I still have a few other stories you can check out. Feel free to go to my profile and check out my stories and please check out my new story Hidden Truth.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask me a question in the comment box.

Thank you😊.