Chapter 24

Cedric finally managed to convince me to get some sleep yesterday, and I have to admit when I woke up this morning I felt great, except Cedric wasn't here.

Frowning, I got up from the bed walked over to the closet and got dressed in blue jeans, a white button up blouse and brown ankle boots. I tied my hair into a messy bun and applied some make makeup.

 I tied my hair into a messy bun and applied some make makeup

I went downstairs into the kitchen where I saw the girls. Lorraine was busy making pancakes.

"Morning." I greeted as I took a seat next to Saige who was busy on her phone, probably texting Talon.

"Morning." They greeted in unison.

"Where's Cedric?" I asked Lorraine when she placed a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"He went to talk some stuff over with Shaw." Lorraine replied.

"What stuff?" I questioned.

"He's asking Shaw for back up. He wanta enough people to help out with your plan." She replied.

"But why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because Cedric doesn't want anything to go wrong." Chanel said with a duh tone.

I rolled my eyes. Of course Cedric would want more than enough protection.

After eating my breakfast, I went up to Cedric's study to use his laptop. I typed Arnold's name into the program I usaully use to track people down and started hacking into his system.

"Babe." Cedric called out. I didn't answer, but he soon poke his head into the study and sighed in relieve when he saw me.
"Babe, what are you doing?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind me.

"I tracked Arnold down. He has a safehouse at some old abandoned bording school, which is where he is right at this moment." I replied.

"I thought you were going to rest today." He said with a sigh.

"I can't. It's almost time." I said.

"I know, but we can do this tomorrow." He told me.

"Cedric, tomorrow is Thursday and Friday everything has to go down." I told him, turning around in the chair to face him.

"I know, but I got some help from Shaw and we'll go over the plan tomorrow." He said, giving me a look saying not to argue with him.

"Fine." I muttered with a sigh. Cedric smiled and picked me up, before walking over to the couch and sitting down with me on his lap.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as I remembered something that Saige said yesterday.

"Sure." He replied, frowning.

"Yesterday when Saige brought up the topic about you being a gang leader, it got me thinking. How did you become a gang leader?" I asked. He tensed and an unreadable expression crossed his face.
"You don't have to tell me." I quickly said with wide eyes.

"No, it's fine." He said, placing a kiss on my lips. "Before I took over, my fathet was the leader of this gang. Neither Edric nor I wanted to be part of this gang. My father threatened us and told us that we needed to make a decision who would become the new leader. We didn't want any part of it, but then he threatened to kill our mother, so I decided to step up." He said, pausing a little. "When I finally took over, I got my mother away from my father. When he found out, he was outraged. He tried to kill Edric, but I killed him before he could do anything." He said and I squeezed his hand.

"And your mom?" I asked quietly.

"A few months after the incedent, she died of cancer." He replied and I gasped.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could think of saying.

"Don't be. At least she died because of time running out and not by my father's hands." He said with a small smile.

"Cedric, I love you." I said, making him look at me. His eyes held pride and love.

"I love you too, Dakota." He said, dipping his head down to kiss me.

I didn't change the topic because I didn't want to talk about it. I changed it, because I wanted to get his mind off of his sadness. I wanted him to smile and I wanted him to know that I'll always be here for him.

***********************************
Sorry for the rare updates. Have been so busy and I am still very busy, but I took time out of my busy schedule to update a new chapter.

Hope you liked it and please vote&comment

Thank you😊.