Chapter 16

A week had finally passed and I could finally drive again. My wrist still hurts, but I can handle it. Though I haven't gotten back to the gym yet.
Plus I am excited that campus will be closing for summer vacation, so I will have a lot of time to prepare for my... lets call it mission.
Cedric and I haven't talked after our argument last week and I do have to admit it's almost killing me not to talk to him.
Ryder had been gone for the whole week and I noticed Shaw kept trying to talk to me.
Shaw didn't seem like his usual self, he looked so torn and I noticed he always glanced at Lorraine, but I didn't talk to him about it.
At lunch time I didn't sit in the cafeteria like usual. I sat outside under a tree as I was in deep thoughts.
My thoughts were interrupted by someone sitting down across from me and I was shocked to see it was Shaw.
"Why are you here?" I asked in confusion.
"I wanted to talk to you" He said.
"About what?" I asked turning my head to the side.
"You know it doesn't take a blind person to see what's going on" He said.
"What are you talking about?" I asked frowning.
"You and Cedric. Everytime you were together it was like it was only you two in your own little world. I don't even know what happened between the two of you, but I can see you are both hurting" He said and I sighed as I looked down.
"Shaw..." I started, but he cut me off.
"No Dakota, no excuses. You are planning to kill your father, you may not have forever to fix things between you and Cedric, so don't let what happened to you in the past stop you from being happy" He said and I couldn't help the smile forming on my face.
"Wow Shaw, when did you get so soft?" I teased and I saw him smiling off into the distance. "It's Lorraine isn't it?" I asked with wide eyes and his own eyes widened.
"Wait, how did you know?" He asked making me grin.
"I saw the way you were ogling at her" I said with a teasing smile.
"Okay fine. Yes I like her, but I don't know if she'll like me" He said.
"Shaw, don't let Ryder's and Cedric's feud stop you from being with her. Don't let the gang make you decide, just do what makes you happy" I said and he nodded with a smile.
"Sure, now take some of your own advice and fix things between you and Cedric, before it's too late" He said and I nodded.
"Okay, I will. But first I need to think about what I'm going to say" I said before getting up and grabbing my bag. I started walking over to my car as I fumbled through my bag to get mh car keys.
As I neared my car I started hearing a beeping sound and I frowned. I stopped a few feet away from the car as I listened to the beeping that started going slower and my eyes widened.
Before I could even react the bomb in my car went off and I felt myself being shot back from the blow and as soon as my head connected with the ground, everything went black.

My head felt heavy like I have this big hangover and I couldn't find myself to move. My hearing picked up a monitor beeping from beside me and my eyes slowly fluttered open.
My eyesight was still blurry and I had to blink a few times before I could see clearly.
I looked to my side to see Cedric holding my hand, but he was looking down and I felt a tear slipping on my hand.
"Cedric" I whispered in a raspy voice and I slightly moved my hand so he would notice. His head immediately shot uo and I was shocked at how red his eyes are from crying.
"Dakota" He said squeezing my hand.
"What happened?" I asked confused and he let out a deep sigh.
"Somebody planted a bomb in your car to kill you, but you luckily stopped a few feet away from your car when the explosion went off. The blow shot you away and you hit your head on the ground, that's when you blacked out" He said and my eyes widened as I remembered what happened.
"I could've died" I said in shock.
"The doctor said you only got a concussion and thag you should be stable in a few days" He said and I nodded.
Shaw was right, I wouldn't have forever and this was a close warning and all I could think is that I can't live without Cedric.
"Dakota, I am so sorry about everything that happened" He suddenly said with guilt swarming through his eyes.
"No, don't blame yourself. None of this is your fault" I said squeezing his hand.
"But it is. I was suppose to keep you save, instead I avoided you" He said and I sighed.
"Kiss me" I told him and he looked at me in shock. "I want you to kiss me, Cedric" I said and without any hesitation, he leaned down and placed his lips on mine.
The kiss was slow and passionate, unlike any of the other kisses we shared and it felt right. I want to feel his kisses for as long as I live.
We pulled away breathlessly and he rested his head against mine and looked into my eyes.
"I'm so sorry for pushing you away, Cedric. It was selfish of me not to think about your feelings and I'm so sorry for that" I said as a tear slipped down my cheek. I didn't even notice I was crying.
"Will you please give me another chance?" I asked and he beamed as he gave me another soft kiss.
"Of course" He replied and I smiled. "But I want to know what changed your mind?" He asked and I gave him a sly smile.
"Believe it or not, it was Shaw who came to talk to me" I said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Why did he do that?" He asked sceptically.
"Just let him and Lorraine be happy together" Was all I said with a wink.
We were both snapped out of our thoughts when we heard shouting coming from the hallway and I looked at Cedric in confusion. I jumped when the door burst open, revealing a furious looking Ryder.
"What the hell happened?" Ryder asked, not even giving us enough time to answer before moving on with his next question. "How could you let this happen to her?" He asked looking in Cedric's direction.
"Damn it Ryder, just stop. How were they suppose to know that someone planted a bomb inside my car?" I snapped and his face softened a little.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that" He tried explaining.
"Just leave, Ryder" I said and he nodded sadly before leaving.