Chapter 19

Sorry for not updating in a while. Have been busy with exams, but here's the next chapter.
***********************************

As I woke up, I noticed the space next to me was empty, again. I quickly sat up and looked around the room, but Cedric was gone. I frowned.
Did what I said to him yesterday, not matter to him? Is he seriously bailing on me again?
My frown dissappeared and was replaced with a scowl. I rolled my eyes and got up from the bed, walking over to the closet and got dressed in yoga shorts, a sports bra and my sneakers. I tied my hair into a pony tail, before heading towards the basement where the gym is located.
I don't care what Cedric says about my injuries, but I need an outlet for my anger and frustration and punching a bag is the only way to do so.
I started with quick warm ups before going to the punching bag and started to let my anger out.
I don't know how long I was busy in the gym, but I soon heard my name being called by Saige.
"Dakota" Saige called out.
"In the gym" I called back and walked over to where I placed my phone and saw the time was 13:00.
Saige, Chanel and Lorraine rushed into the gym room with wide eyes and I raised an eyebrow.
"What?" I question.
"What the hell are you doing in here? Cedric told you not to do anything that can hurt you" Chanel almost shouted.
"I don't care about what Cedric told me, I'll do what I want" I replied dryly.
"Well now you are going to go shower and get dressed, we're going to the mall" Lorraine ordered and I scoffed.
"I am not going anywhere near the mall" I stated.
"We will drag you there by your hair if we have to. Now go shower" Lorraine said giving me a look that says not to challenge her.
"Fine, I'll go" I said putting my hands up in surrender, before walking up to my room to shower.
After showering I got dressed in a black skirt, a red blouse and ankle boots. I loosely braided my hair to the side and applied some make-up.
"Come on, hurry up" Saige said coming into my room, grabbing my arm and dragging me outside towards the car.
"Why are you all in such a rush?" I asked.
"We're not" Chanel replied innocently. I scoffed, but didn't say anything.
Once we arrived at the mall, the girls started dragging me to different stores to try on different dresses.
"Why am I the only one trying on dresses?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and looking at the girls.
"We just wanted to take you out and spoil you for the day" Chanel replied.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because we are your friends and you complianed about not being able to do anything yesterday, so we thought  we'd takr you out" Saige said with a big smile.
"If you say so" I said, not entirely convinced.
"So have you chosen a dress that you like?" Lorraine asked, changing the subject.
"Uhm yes, I did" I said holding up a black strapless dress that stops above my kness.
"Great, lets go pay" She said and I nodded.
After paying for the dress and a pair of shoes that Saige picked out for me, they started dragging me somewhere else and my eyes widened when they dragged me towards the salon.
"No, no, no. You are not tampering with my hair" I quickly said.
"Come on, just try something new" Lorraine said, but I shook my head.
"No, I like my hair this way" I said trying to walk away, but they grabbed hold of both my arms.
"Please just try and do something new with your hair. Just try a different look that will define you" Chanel pleaded and I sighed, giving in.
"Fine" I replied, letting them drag me inside.
"Girls, what bring you here?" One of the workers asked with a big smile.
"Hi Joane. Well Dakota here wants a new look and a makeover for the day" Saige said and I frowned. Makeover?
"Great. Sit down" Joane told me and I nodded going to take a seat. "Well, what do you want to do with your hair?" She asked.
"Uhm, maybe a few layers and some highlights" I replied.
"Perfect, and your make-up?" She asked.
"Surprise me" I said with an uncertain smile.
"Don't let her see what you're doing until you're finshed" Saige said and Joane nodded, before turning me away from the mirror and getting started on my hair.
I don't know how long I have been sitting in this chair, but it felt like hours.
"Okay, done" Joane said clapping her hands.
"Oh my gosh, you look amazing, Dakota" Chanel said with wide eyes.
"Can I look now?" I asked and they all nodded. Taking a deep breath, I slowly turned around and gasped when I stared at my reflection.
"I look a lot different" I said in awe.
"You look great" Lorraine said.
After paying we headed back home where the girla dragged me to my room.
"Go get dressed" Saige said, handing me the dress and shoes we bought today.
"Why?" I asked in confusion.
"Just go. It's already five o' clock" Chanel said pushing me into the bathroom. What the hell is going on?
Sighing, I quickly got dressed before going back into the room and the girla quickly fixed my hair and make-up again.
"Okay, now you look absolutely amazing" Lorraine said with a huge smile.
"Now tell me why am I dressed like this?" I asked.
"No time to explain" Saige said as they started leading me downstairs and towards the backyard.
"Everything is ready" Edric said as he, Blaze and Talon appeared from outside.
"Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked in frustration.
They all just smiled at me and opened the door and motioned for me to go out. I slowly walked out and gasped at what I saw.
By the tree, a table with candles and rose petals were sat up and by the table stood Cedric who was dressed in a tux.
"What do you think?" He asked with a nervous smile.
"This looks amazing Cedric" I said, walking over to him.
"And you look beautiful" Cedric said, placing a hand under my chin and I smiled.
"You don't look to bad yourself" I teased and he chuckled, placing a kiss on my lips. We pulled away and he pulled out a chair for me.
"You know I actually thought you bailed on me" I said.
"I would never do that. I just wanted everything to be perfect" He replied honestly and I smiled.
"Everything is perfect" I told him taking hold of his hands.
"Then this is the perfect moment to say this. I know it hasn't been that long that we've known each other, but all the time that we spent together made me realise that I can't ignore this feeling" He said and I frowned.
"What feeling?" I asked nervously.
"That I am absolutely and completely in love with you" He said and I gasped.
"I love you too" I replied with teary eyes.
"Really?" Cedric asked with wide eyes and I nodded. Cedric quickly stood up and came over to my side, pulling me up and crashing his lips onto mine.
"I love you so much" He muttered against my lips.
"I love you too" I said with a giggle and he pulled me in for another kiss.

***********************************
Please vote&comment.