Chapter 13

I was dreading today. I don't want to see Cedric, Ryder or well anybody, but I knew I couldn't skip any more of my classes again.
Chanel, Saige and Lorraine gave me questioning looks when I got out of my car and they made their way towards me.
"Why did you leave so suddenly yesterday?" Chanel asked and I sighed. Of course they would be on my case for leaving without saying anything to them.
"Because Ryder wanted to talk to me" I said, which wasn't entirely a lie.
"Bull shit Dokota, what happened?" Lorraine snapped.
"Fine! Cedric and I had an argument and he basically kicked me out" I said making their eyes widened. "It's really nothing that bothers me. He can go jump off a cliff for all I care" I said with venom laced in my voice.
"I thought you two were finally starting to get along" Saige said, well I thought that too.
We headed to our class and I took my usual seat next to Cedric, who didn't even spare me a glance.
"Heard you had an argument with Ryder yesterday" Edric said breaking the silence.
"Where did you hear that?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Heard him talking about it with Shaw and the rest in the hallway" He said and I nodded.
"He tried forcing me to go back to London" I finally said.
"Then why don't you?" Cedric snapped. I have to admit that stung, but I kept my face free of any emotion.
"Because I don't do what people tell me to do" I hissed. I have to admit that was a lame excuse, but I couldn't come up with a better one.
Cedric didn't say anything after that, but he gave me a death glare before he stormed out of the classroom.

I kept my distance with everyone for the rest of the day. The girls have been trying to talk to me since I didn't want to sit with them. They kept sending questioning looks my way, but I just ignored them.
"Dakota" Dallas called out as I headed to my car. I frowned. He never talks to me.
"Yes?" I asked when he reached me.
"What's going on today?" He asked in confusion.
"What do you mean?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.
"Everyone is quite and and in a bad mood today. Ryder is flipping out because of yesterday. I have never seen him like that. And I am sure everyone noticed that you and Cedric aren't acting like normal. You're both avoiding each other" He said. I sighed deeply.
"Well you know some things happened and secrets got out. I didn't ask for this drama and with Cedric out of the picture I can finally focus on what I came here to do. And Ryder just needs to learn to back off. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be heading to the gym" I said before getting in my car and taking off before he could give me a speech.

***********************************
A bit of a lame chapter. But please vote. And comment on what you think of the story so far.