Chp. 3 thE window

Hey guys, here's Chp 3 I've had a lot of work over spring break and now it's finals week ugh. Alison's house isn't scary as it will sound it's actually a cute small yellow house lol but the inside is different? Idk. Enjoy losers 🤘🏼

~~~~~

Nicole's P.O.V

' "Don't worry we'll take care of it."
Great.
I gave her a smile and my parents stepped away from the doorway as we walked over to her house to do God knows what.'
~~~~~

As we walked over to her house, she nudged my right hip with the basket she was holding.

"Here this is for you," she said grinning widely.

"Oh..thanks," is what I only managed to say.

I folded one edge of the red and white checkered cloth over to reveal weird things one wouldn't get someone they just met.

Inside the basket was lotions. Lots of lotions. And hand sanitizers with cute holders. I placed my hand  inside the basket and..aloe socks? "I love how fluffy aloe socks are," she laughed. I looked at the names of them. Sweet Pea, Vanilla Berry Sorbet, Japanese Cherry Blossom, Pineapple Sorbet, Warm Vanilla Sugar and Dancing Waters. All these are my favorite..

"How did you know I liked these?" I said

"You like them too? These are my favorite!" she squealed. "I work at Bath & Body Works and when I heard a girl and her family was moving into the neighborhood, I got excited to have a new friend around," she continued not exactly answering my question. "Not many people move into this neighborhood. I can't blame them. Too many 'black cats'," she quoted with her fingers. "But whatever I mean, this whole town is creepy anyways."

No kidding

We make it to her front door step and she looks for the key she had placed under the burlap "Welcome" mat. As she's looking for it and puts it into the doorknob I step back and look up at the house. The sky's reflection was blinding me so I cup my hands around my eyes. The house was kindof a cream color. It had a big squared window on the front but the curtains prevented me from seeing inside. The roof was covered in gray panels. The front yard was small and her back yard was fenced with a door. Her back yard was a lot bigger.

The right side of her house contained nothing else but a window. A tiny, squared window that slides open and closed, just at the top of her house. It couldn't be the bathroom since these silky, white curtains covered half the window. It was way too dark to see into the other half of it though.

 It was way too dark to see into the other half of it though

I wonder who lives up there.

My thoughts are interrupted when Alison finally opens the door and says "found the key, it was under the plant." I follow her inside and I suddenly got chills. Inside the house was dark and kinda cold. The atmosphere in her room was so eerie and a little spooky. I looked around to see vintage furniture everywhere. It was weird.
A vintage couch, vintage bookshelves, vintage rugs, vintage everything.