Chp. 5 the dEal

Chapter 5 is long due and now updated

Chapter 5 is long due and now updated. Your welcome ☺️. Chapter 6 probably won't be for a while because of finals and especially Global History regents. Pray for me!😰

~~~~~

"You ok? about the Ethan nightmare I mean," she says. "I guess," I shrug and the bell rings.

Ethan's P.O.V

"3...4...5..." I count. I grunt every time I lift myself back up faster. "6...7...8..." Why the hell am I in jail? I can't want to be with Nicole for the rest of my life? I cross my legs and pull up.

I was arrested 5 months ago. I had worked up the courage to surprise her at her window with flowers because I thought it'd be romantic.

I tap on her window and peek through. She always left her window open. She rolls over, rubs her eyes and opens them. She sees me there and I just when I thought she'd be happy to see me, Nicole began to shriek like a madman. I guess she's not into that kind of stuff.

That's how I got here. Juvenile detention is not that bad. It doesn't go on my record either because I'm 17. "..9...10.." I jump off the metal bar and land on my feet. I dust myself off. I look around at the little gremlins thinking this is recess. I'm surrounded by orange jumpsuits everywhere.

Im disgusted by the baggy jumpsuits we're forced to wear. Plus, orange is a whorish color and everyone knows it. I'm not a girl or anything but at least I have some sense of style. I like to impress the ladies you know? Well, it was really only one lady, but still.

*buzz* *buzz*

A loud buzzing sound goes off twice. I grumble when I hear it. I follow everyone in front of me. It's time to go back inside. We're allowed one hour of courtyard a day to be outside and it sucks. We also have jobs. I'm on lunch duty on Thursdays.

~~~~

I walk towards my small, but comfy cell. I plop down onto my bed. I lay there for a minute and roll over towards my desk I reach out to snatch my notepad and pencil. I'm just about finished with this drawing of Nicole. Beautiful. Like her. I've really improved my art skills in here. Maybe then, she'll learn to love them.

I look at the clock

I look at the clock. 12:30. I'm let out to wash up and get started but I'm stopped in my tracks by Drew, the security guard.

"Not so fast, Dolan,"

I roll my eyes and turn around to face him.

Now what I have I done?

"You have a visitor," he says.

"I've never gotten a visitor," I assure him.

"Well, you do now. Go," he walks off.

~~~~

I sit down on the cold, metal stool. I pick up the phone and wrap the cord around my hand. I sit up when I realize who it is. He sits
in the chair and picks up the phone. We face each other against the glass window.

"What are you doing here, you shank?"

"Aw. Someone's picked up the slammer talk, and nice to see you too," he scoffs.

I roll my eyes. "So do we have a deal?"

"Yeah. You owe me. Big time," he says.
"What does she look like again? I barely paid
attention when you described her in the letters. How'd you describe her eyes again? Oh yeah, 'Her big beautiful hazel brown eyes.." He laughs.

I'm really getting pissed off by this guy.

"It doesn't matter. Her name's Nicole Cavanaugh, got that?"

"Ok, got it. Anything else?" He asks.

"Oh, and one more thing," I say.

"Yeah? What's that?" He stares at me.

"Make sure the girl doesn't get hurt. I don't want to find her dead, you hear me?"

"No, we wouldn't want that," he laughs. I can't tell if he's joking or not. "Well, sort of'"

"I'm serious," I shoot back.

"Ok, geez it was a joke."

"How much longer are you locked up for?"

"Uh, about 3 months depending upon my good behavior,"

"Good. Nice seeing you, Ethan," he hangs up the phone and he walks out. I hang up too.

I guess now I'll see you soon, Nicole.