Chp. 20 answErs will vary

I'm soooo sorry I don't update consistently in 5-6 days like I used to. Not trying to be "cool and famous" like accounts with 1m views and haven't updated in literally 2 years.
(Still waiting for My Fake Boyfriend..)
I KNEW when school started this was gonna happen. I gotta a lot on my plate but I'm not gonna stop. Lysm Gizmos, ~R
~~~~~

They're jump startled when I yell.
"Save it! I'm done with you!"

Nicole's P.O.V

"Nicky, come back!" Alison calls after me as I stomp out the door with my arms crossed.

"Don't fucking call me that!"
"Only friends can," I mumble.

"But I am your friend," Alison objects.
I snort out an ugly laugh. "Ha! Julie was right, you really aren't as smart as we give you credit for," I scoff. Alison looks shocked that I cursed but I don't care.

"How much did you hear when Gray and I were upstairs?" She fidgets with the strings on her sweatpants. "All of it," I grit my teeth.

"Nicole, I can explain," she protests. "Grayson" strolls down the stairs and stands by Alison and looks at me, waiting for Alison to speak.

"I'm sure you can, is your "brother" gonna explain too?" I glare at Alison.

"Look, I- I know this looks bad but please just let me ex-" Alison stammers.

"Okay first of all, shutup. You have 2 minutes to explain and I want to know what you mean  by working for Ethan and how you know him," I interrupt.

We all sit on the couch and I still have an angry look on my face. "Okay, so what you overheard me say to Gray was true. Yes, I work with Ethan and him," gesturing at Grayson.

I can't believe my ears.

"I've known them since we were 4. We've been through hell together. I didn't know Ethan was obsessed with you all these years. He kept it to himself. Gray and I never knew until you arrested him," she huffs.

"Are you seriously giving me attitude? You're the little backstabbing bitch here! He broke into my house! What was I supposed to do? Make him a cup of coffee??" I yell.

"He's wasn't a stranger or a burglar. He just wanted to talk to you, he had flowers! How more romantic does it get?" She replies.

"Very romantic," I roll my eyes. "Who's Grayson to Ethan?" I ask with my arms crossed. "His brother," she replies. "And Gray's my boyfriend," Ali pecks his cheek while Gray sheepishly smiles, "Hi."

"Listen Nicole, I'm taking full responsil-bility, blah, I can't talk today," he laughs but I'm not amused so he clears his throat.

"Full responsibility for helping Ethan but in my defense, I told him to leave you alone," he adds. "I like you, you atleast have your brain screwed on," I nod and he smiles.

"What do you mean 'help'?" I furrow my eyes.
"Well, Ethan spies on you sometimes when you're out with Damion and he calls me asking what he should," Gray answers.

"He knows about Damion?" My eyes widen.
"You're still with him?" Ali crinkles her nose.
"Oh what do you care? It's not like you were my friend. You were just pretending," I spat.