Chp. 24 nicE running into you

I'm thinking in order of my new books: Dance with Me, Bittersweet, then Spring Break?
~~~~~

"Alright! To the city tomorrow it is."

Nicole's P.O.V

Saturday, June 18 4:38 PM

As I drove further into the city, buildings towered over my head and became greater in size.

I stood in traffic for a while, admiring all the bright lights and dim chatting of pedestrians going about their day.

I came to a halt after driving for an hour when I spot the church in my view. I pulled up near the sidewalk and walked over to it, tossing my car keys into the strapped purse hung over my shoulder.

There was no sign of people or Alison in particular, anywhere to be found. I must be in a vacant part of town.

I sigh and wander around the church's perimeter. The woods behind it gave a spooky atmosphere. Leaves hustled in the wind and more leaves crunched beneath my quiet footsteps.

I trail through the woods, it darkens as I go through deeper. The weak trees creaked at every push of wind. Birds crowed as they swiftly flew past the grey sky.

"Ugh, where is Alison already?" I groan.
There wasn't any sign of Julie either and I couldn't wait to hear what Alison had to say so I could go home.

Julie claimed she'd be over with work at 3 so she should be here soon. I decide to turn my notifications and calls back on and realized I've missed a lot.

I stop walking and check them all, I had 15 missed calls from Alison and 1 voicemail.

I hold my breath from unease.

"Nicole! I have to make this fast before he hears me! I'm not in Collegepoint, get out of there! He's coming for you!! He's coming! Run! Ethan made Damion pay for what he did to you. Now the feds are after him for doing this," Her voice was hoarse. I listened intently as I slowly made my way out of the woods.

"He bought illegal drugs and explosives and put them in Damion's house! He blew it up with people inside, Damion's mom is a cop and I don't know the whole story but he threatened me with a knife if I didn't send that voicemail. I'll tell Julie first thing when Ethan leaves my house and Gray and us are coming to get you, I know you may not believe me but-"

"Hey! Do you want me to cut you? What'd I say abo-" a male voice thundered before hanging up. It was a voice I knew too well. My palms were clammy and shaky.

"Nice running into you."

As soon as Ethan's voice fills my ears my first instinct is to run, and I do.

I face Ethan and his evil grin, he's dressed in all back and a black hoodie and holding a clean knife in his hand.

I lunge at him to get away causing his upper body to sway backwards and I fled out of the woods and towards safety.

I hear leaves crunching behind me as Ethan chases after me at full speed. I would run to my car but he's so close behind me I can see his arms swaying quickly to his sides.

My only escape is towards people hopefully within 3 miles.

My heart pounds with the rhythm of my feet to outrun Ethan in his pursuit to possibly kill me.
Salty beads of sweat trickle down my face as my chest heaves up and down.

My lungs burn as I sprint closer to a nearby town. I can see buildings growing closer by the second but still no people around.

The grey sky is overshadowed by dark clouds forming together.

The cold evening air shocks my throat as I inhale deeper, faster.

My heart still beats frantically as Ethan's black heavy boots echoes thumps against the concrete.

"The chase is on, Nicole! Don't think you can evade me forever. I have a bullet made just for you, for us! So you can run as far as you want and hide wherever on the globe but I will find you! I promise not only death, Nicole but a painful end too!" Ethan calls, he raucously laughs.

My eyes widen, my ears couldn't believe I may die this way. I darted away quicker, my legs and joints were burning at this point.

Wisps of my hair fly with the wind in my face and my sides start cramping up.

I made it into the town and yet I still dangerously weaved passed through alleys and crying out for help.

"Help! Anyone please help!!!" I coughed and wheezed.

I needed to get Ethan to stop for atleast a second or else I would collapse.

I snatched a blurred glimpse behind me of a flushed-cheeked Ethan still pretty close, his hoodie slightly billowed with the wind.

I halted and stuck my foot out as Ethan who was right behind ran right into my foot and crashed to the ground.

His small knife coming in contact with his arm, gashing it with a deep slice across his arm. Ethan screamed as he picked up his now bloody knife and got back to his feet.

By then, I was already 25 feet ahead of him. Terror floods over me, when I've realized...
I've hit a dead end.

My heart hammers in my ears as I cower against the blank, brick wall. I shut my eyes when Ethan's footsteps echo closer through the alley.

I slump down against the wall and my lungs give out, causing me to collapse of exhaustion.

A soft yet breathy laugh hits my forehead and I feel myself being gently cradled in his arms and  taken away.

~~~~~

I've never written a chase scene before, how'd I do?

1. Comment what you're thankful for if you liked this chapter. ❤️

2. Thank you Gizmos for being supportive, I'm thankful for you guys

11/24/16 Happy Thanksgiving, ~R ❤️

PEACE ✌🏼️