Chp. 27 goodbyE

I'm breaking my heart with this chapter ~R
~~~~~

He lifts the knife that's dripping with blood.

Ethan's P.O.V

Nicole's eyes are burning red and she's trembling so bad. Her chest moves in quick, small heaves as I lift the bloody knife.

"Please, don't do this," she begs. Nicole's eyes meet mine and I shoot her a cold look to silence her.

I saunter forward and she flinched as I slash the ropes off her wrists and feet.

They fall to the floor and Nicole massages her slightly pink wrists, she stares at me with wide eyes.

"Go on, leave," I urged her. "You're not going to want to watch this anyways, it's going to be gruesome," I warn.

Nicole's eyes dart from my eyes to the door, then back to my eyes. She sits there without moving a muscle.

"Fine, have it your way," I mumble.

"Ethan, what are you going to d-"

The knife touched my soft skin as I plunged it inside me.

The tip of the blade sank deeper into my stomach as I let out a terrible scream.

I twisted the blade, while sinking it deeper. My skin was tearing to shreds as the knife rotated. I could hear my muscles and nerves being gouged.

"Ethan!!" Nicole screams. Her beautiful voice that would normally ring through my ears, now sounds like echoes to me.

"Don't close your eyes! You hear me?" Nicole cries.

The thick, crimson blood continued flowing freely, it was warm and oozing out the gash in my stomach.

I feel Nicole tilting my head up and lifting my body onto her lap.

She looked so pretty with her concerned expression, with a bright light shining above her.

She frantically looked around for the rag I laid on the ground and folded it onto my stomach.

"Pretty," I point at her.

"Sh, Ethan you're going into shock. Don't close your eyes and just keep speaking," she directs.

"Okay," I smile briefly.

"What happened that night you found me taking Alison's pills?" She asks.

I remember that day, it was the day we had a first real conversation. She never once changed to a different person. She was just..Nicole.

"I took the pills away because you were doing some investigating about me and wouldn't go to sleep. Then, we spent a few hours talking about things I couldn't tell you. I told them to you now, so now you do," I explain.

"Then what?" she asks. "You told me to sleep in your room for the night so we slept in your bed," I add.

"We didn't do more then that, did we?" Nicole's eyes widen.

"You wish," I chuckle weakly.

"I'm serious," Nicole says sternly.

"I'm serious, listen to me, baby. I would never take advantage of you even if you wanted me," I caress her warm rosy cheek.

I expected her to flinch away but she doesn't. She leans closer to my face.

"Why would you do this?"
Tears are welling in her eyes.