Chp. 26 guardian angEl

Getting rid of Chapter 30 so now it's 29. ~R
~~~~~

Before I know it, I pass out again.

Nicole's P.O.V

8:27 PM

Slowly, the blurriness fades and my surroundings become more crisp. I'm in a dimly lit room.

We're in an old house. The walls are mucky and grey and it's vacant, without a  trace of anyone living here.

I gasp and nearly choke when I see Ethan crouching on one knee beside me. He's smiling, patiently waiting for me to wake up.

I didn't know where I was and I'm too weak to continue crying or screaming. My hands and feet are still tied.

"W-where am I?" I whimper. "Sh, don't speak. I'll explain and you're going to listen. Can you do that?" Ethan asks, twirling the small knife point against his fingertip.

I gulp and vigorously nod my head.

"You're probably wondering why I've kinda abducted you. It wasn't my intention but I needed to explain things before I go," he stares at me.

"Okay.." I mouth.

"This was my old home, long before I ran away nearly a year ago. It belonged to my uncle, Richard. He was well in his early 30's when-"

He rubs his eye to keep from crying.

"When my family died in a car crash when I was 4.. It was snowing out and only Grayson and I survived. Being the rebels we were, we didn't have seatbelts on. Then, our car skidded onto another; We cracked the glass and flew out the windshield. It blew into flames and watched as m-my family burned alive," he fell silent.

"Ethan.." I trail. He ignores my reply and continues, "The man in the other car called an ambulance but we all knew it was too late. This is where my uncle, Richard, comes in. At the hospital, he kidnapped me, taking all evidence that I existed with him,"

"Richard wanted to raise me so I could get a clean slate. He wanted Gray and I to be brave and tough like him but they had already found him foster parents with space for 1 more member."

"He was all I had and I looked up to him..until he began drinking. It was hard for me, he'd leave me alone for hours, he'd yell at me when He was angry,"

"I remember the first day he struck me in the face. I was almost 5 and I begged him for me to go to school for my birthday. He refused plentiful and I still pursued. Richard punched me in the eye," Ethan hung his head.

I desperately wanted to hold his hand or atleast comfort him but I was petrified he'd stab me.

"He still agreed to have me go to pre-k, it took months for him to be my legal guardian but it was done. Then, I met you," he smiled.

"You don't even remember that we met in pre-k, not kindergarten,"

"It was my first week of school and I made no friends. Richard had given me a new black eye and I told everyone I fell, remember?" He said.

I shook my head, "That's why I thought."

"It was recess and you were playing kickball with your friends. The ball went flying and you chased after it. When you threw it back, you heard a noise; it was me. You found me crying in my hiding spot behind a pine tree," Ethan smiled softly.