Chp. 16 mr. stEals your girl

PLAY THE SONG ABOVE IT MAKES THIS CHAPTER CUTER! ~R ❤️ #dolantwins

~~~~~

' I look back at Ethan but he was gone. '

Ethan's P.O.V

"Can I open my eyes now?" Nicole laughs.

"Yeah, you can open them," Damion smiles.

I watch from my car as Nicole squeals and jumps into Damion's arms as he embraces her in a hug.

He drew a huge heart with Nicole's name in big, cursive letters, surrounded by flowers in colored chalk. The heart stretched across the pavement that occasional pedestrians stepped over.

My first plan when I discovered him was to beat him up. Gray suggested I didn't and maybe he had a point. She would've despised me for it.

"What's this for?" She laughs. "For me being a jerk. I still feel bad about that dare, I thought it would be funny," He frowns. "Stop already, it was a month ago," Nicole smiles.

"I know you were okay with it but I still don't want you to think I'm that kinda guy. I still felt bad every time we texted. I haven't seen you in a month since your dad's accident and therapy and you wanting space," Damion explained.

"Gray! Did you hear that?" I ask him over the phone. "No, and for the third time, I don't care," Gray sighs. "He said they were on a break for a month! I blew my chance. He keeps talking about a dare he feels bad about. What do you think it was?" I ask him.

"I don't know, maybe sex?" He says. "What?" I slam my fist against the steering wheel. "Eth, chill. I was guessing," he says.

"What are they doing now?" Gray asks.
"They're just looking at the heart. They have their arms wrapped around each other, it's gross," I say in disgust.

All of a sudden, rain drops began to fall.
"Grayson, I think he chose the wrong day to play with chalk," I laugh. "Why?" He asks.
"It's raining and by the second it's raining harder," I report. " I have to go," I say.

"Call me later," Gray responds. "Okay," I hang up.

People hurry to take umbrellas out and others scurried for cover. Damion shrugs out of his jacket and wraps it around Nicole.

I grumpily take another bite from my bowl of Mac and cheese. I figured if I was gonna be on stakeout, I might as well eat something.

Damion caressed Nicole's chin and she laughed. I felt my heart shatter as they leaned in and kissed in the rain. Nicole looked so happy, I could never make her happy like that.

I wiped the tears brimming my eyes as they laughed and ran off to find cover underneath a storefront. "Damion! You're heart, it's washing away with the rain. We have to cover it up with something," she shouts.

Nicole walks away to try to somehow save the heart but Damion grasps her hand from walking into the rain. "Oh well, I picked the wrong day to make that. It's okay Nicole, my real heart for you is right here," he calms her and takes her hand and gently places it on his heart.

I can't really hear what Nicole and Damion say after that as they talk amongst themselves but I can tell whatever they talk about, it makes her happy to look at his eyes and hear his voice.