His parents dont like you #2

Shawn's pov
Y/N had met my parents last night. I think it went well but, Y/N.... Not so much. She told me she got this vibe that they didn't like her.

*Flashback*

"Y/N are you ready?" "Ready as I'll ever be!" She said. "I'm nervous..." She randomly said. "Don't be. Everything is going to be ok" "I hope so" she said shyly "It will, don't worry" I said and kiss her forehead. "Ok let's go" I said and we walk outside and got in my jeep.

Your pov
I put on 2 inch black heels, black earrings and a dress that went passed my knees. The top of the dress is black and the bottom is white. It has little white, red and pink flowers on it. With a black belt.

I'm really nervous. I have a feeling his parents are going to hate me.

*At dinner*

"So Y/N.... Where do you work?" Shawn's dad asked. "I work a part time job at Tim Hortons. That is just till I finish university" I said shyly. "Oh that's nice" said his mom.

'Oh man, they don't look to happy about that' I thought..

"And how long till your done university?" She asked, "5 months. And then Y/N is going to be writer" said Shawn smiling at me. "Is that so?" Shawn's dad said while looking from me to Shawn.

"Yes sir" I said. "Please call me Mr. Mendes" he said. I nodded in agreement.

"Delicious supper Ms. Mendes" I said smiling. "Thank you Y/N" "your welcome ma'am". "So any plans for the future?" Shawn's dad asked, "umm... Not really.." I said kinda nervous. "No plans to travel or buying a house maybe?" Shawn's dad asked another question. "No not really. Once I turn 21 I'm going to buy an apartment. But I think that that's all I have planed so far. I hope to one day travel the world, but who knows when that's going to be..." I said. "I see, I see" said Shawn's mom.

1 hour later

"Well mom I think we are going it get going. I'm starting to feel kinda tired" Shawn said getting up. "Ok dear, it was a pleasure to have you over again" she said smiling while hugging him. "Thank you so much Mr and Ms Mendes for having me over for supper" I said to them, Mr. Mendes reached out his hand for a handshake. "No problem Y/N" Mr. Mendes said. "Bye mom, bye dad" Shawn said one more time before leaving.

The car ride was quiet besides from the few words like "that was fun" and "I'm so tired", but that pretty much all.

Once we reached Shawn's house, we just went straight to the bedroom and got ready for bed.

We laid back to back in silence, staring into the dark of the night.

"They don't like me" I whispered. "Aww bæ, yes they do" Shawn said turning himself around and putting his hands around my waist. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead.

"I love you. And whether my parents like you or not, I will always love you". By this time I had turned to face Shawn. "Aww Shawn... I love you too". "Get some sleep babe. Talk to you in the morning". And just like that I was out like a light.

End of flashback

Shawn's pov
I woke up with Y/N in my arms and the sun shining. I look at my phone to see a message from mom.

It read:

Momma bear🐻
Shawn honey, me and your father have talked things over. We honestly don't think that Y/N is right for you.. I hope you understand dear. Love you❤️

Shawn
Are you kidding me? This is what you text me at 6:45 in the fucking morning?! To tell me that the girl that I picked isn't the one that's right for me?!?!? I can't believe you guys, Y/N is amazing, beautiful and talented. If you can't see that, then fu*k off.

Momma bear🐻
Shawn... We are just trying to do what's best for you and your future

Shawn
And what's right for me uh mom? I love Y/N, she's what's right for me. Y/N makes me so happy. She's always there when I need her. I don't give to sh*ts what you think is right for me.

Momma bear🐻
Just listen to us..

Shawn
No

Momma bear🐻
I'm sorry, but you need to listen

Shawn
Read: 6:58

I can't believe them sometimes, I really can't!

"Shawn are you ok?" I heard Y/N's voice. "Um.. No actually" "what's wrong?" She asked. "My mom texted me" I said handing her my phone. "Shawn..." "I'm really sorry Y/N that they don't like you..." I said. "It's ok Shawn.. I love you" she said. "I love you too".
_________________________
Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry for any mistakes

~Harmony