✕ R u n n i n g L a t e ✕

I woke up to the sound of him yelling my name from downstairs.
"JACK WAKE THE FUCK UP! THE TAXI WILL BE HERE TO PICK US UP IN 30 MINUTES!!"
Ughh I had forgotten that Mark had booked an early flight to Cincinnati...It was the first time I was meeting his family.
I got up from the comfort of my bed and quickly shoved on a pair of dark blue jeans and my Star Bomb t-shirt, I grabbed Mark's hairbrush and started sorting out my hair as I quickly ran down the stairs.
I reached the bottom but before I had anytime to react I had ran into a very annoyed looking Mark.

I looked up at him. "Sorry Markimoo...I didn't hear the alarm go off earlier..."

He rolled his eyes at me. I gave him the best puppy dog face I could pull before giving him a kiss on the cheek and continued through to the living room to put my socks on.
I heard Mark calling after me,
"You're lucky that you're cute Jack. Very lucky. Oh, by the way before I forget. I put your shoes in the closet upstairs in the bedroom. Just in case you were looking for them."

I continued to put on my socks before running upstairs to get my shoes, as I passed Mark I told him thanks and I gave him a kiss on the lips before going upstairs.
I was upstairs turning off all the plugs when I heard Mark calling for me,
"Jack the taxi is here. You ready to go??"

I finished turning off the switches in the bedroom before calling back down,
"Yeh I'm ready to go when you are!"
I went downstairs and joined Mark in the kitchen.
"Mark?" he turned around and looked at me. "Yeh what is it Jack?"... I turned and looked out the window as I spoke,
"I'm scared. Like to meet your family. What's if they don't like me or think I'm too loud and annoying..."
I heard Mark drop his suitcase on the floor then I felt him hug me from behind. I turned round so I was facing him. He kissed me on the lips then held me closer.
"Jack. Shut up. They will love you, and plus they grew up listening to me yelling at a computer screen for years, trust me they won't find you loud and they definitely won't find you annoying."
He leaned in and kissed me again before he picked up our suitcases again and walked out to the taxi.
I locked the door before heading towards the taxi with Mark.
"I hope all the videos I pre recorded go up fine...A week is a long time and I'm worried something will go wrong like one of the videos won't uplo..." Mark turned and looked at me

"Dude, you need to stop worrying. Nothing will go wrong and even if something does go wrong. Which it won't. You can always use my old computer at my moms house to quickly fix any problems."

(He was right I do worry too much.)

Mark finished putting the luggage in the boot of the taxi before he joined me in the back and we headed towards the airport.