✕ I L o - ✕

Mark and I just lay in the conservatory listening to the rain as it fell on the glass roof. Mark was sitting on the couch while I lay down with my head on his lap facing the window. It was hard not to fall asleep as Mark soothingly ran his fingers through my green hair. I felt my eyes drift shut every now and then.

"You still tired?" Mark said in a soft, almost whispering voice.
"Hmm what makes you think that?" I replied turning over so I was lying on my back looking up at Mark. He look down and smiled. His chocolate brown eyes met my sky blue ones.
"Well. For the past 30 minutes you've been slowly drifting in and out of sleep." Mark stated.
I felt my face heat up and I heard Mark lightly chuckle.
"Oh right...sorry." I let out a small laugh and sat up. I heard Mark sigh.
"You alright Mark?" I questioned while standing up to sort my shirt out.
"Yeh I'm just...Thinking about stuff." He looked up at me and let out a small laugh.
"I'm so lucky to have you in my life Jack. I'm glad I met you. I hope you know that." he stopped talking and I looked back at him.
He continued to speak.
"Now get back here." He said grabbing my hand and he pulled me back down on to the couch. He then wrapped his arm around me and kissed me on the forehead.
"I'm glad I met you to Mark. You really have changed my life for the better. I lo-" I stopped myself before saying it...
Yes we had been dating for almost a year but we had never actually said "I love you" to each other... It had just been something we said in messages to each other or if one of us came back with ice cream or something we would say it...But we had never ACTUALLY proper said it...

Mark turned to me and changed the subject. "I really hope you enjoy this week Jack...Sorry today has just been a bit of a mess. I promise tomorrow will be better." He leaned in a gently kissed me. His lips were warm and the feeling sent a shiver through my body. I stopped before I got too into it. Mark sighed as I pulled away and gave me a sad puppy dog look.
"Remember Mark. Tonight." I said lying back down into the position I was in earlier.

Mark went back to running his fingers through my hair. This time I did fall asleep and so did Mark.

I woke up alone in the living room lying on a leather couch with a fuzzy blanket wrapped around me. The fire had been turned on and the TV was playing in the background quiet enough for me to hear the thundery rain pouring down outside. I could hear people talking but I was too cosy to get up and see what was going on so I just lay on the couch looking at the red and yellow flames of the fire dance around.
After about 5 minutes I heard a woman, who I assumed was Gia say my name. I sat up and looked. It was Gia.
"Oh Jack I see you're awake. I was just telling Mark that I'm away with the boys. Hope you 2 will survive until tomorrow." She said with a laugh and I heard Mark mumble something from another room.
"Ha yeh I think we'll survive. I hope you guys have fun tonight." I replied as I moved in the squeaky leather couch.
"Right mom you were supposed to leave 10 minutes ago. We'll be fine. I'll call you if something happens." Mark's voice was a lot closer than before and he soon appeared in the living room doorway beside his mom.
"Right yes sorry. I'll leave you 2 to it. See you tomorrow. Bye love you." She said and then I heard a door open and shut.

It was just me and Mark now.

**Hey how you guys doing...Long time no see...I'm sorry it's been awhile. I promise I'm going to get in a better routine of uploading for this book in particular.
Also for anyone curious. There is still going to be like 3-5 more chapters left...I really don't want this book to end. It's been fun so far writing it...But the end is a little bit away so no worrying about that yet. Haha.

Anyways gonna go for now. (You should also check out my other story "He's Worth It...Right?")
Love you guys!
Peace Out Peeps ✌🏻️ xoxo